Bassfan.com interviewed the director of the FWC spraying program...

2. Member
    I didn't take time to read the whole thing or listen to the interview because of the large amount of incorrect information in the written part. So much was wrong.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

3. Member
    Basically everything that was written was incorrect. We were told by the commissioners during the very short spraying stoppage that they were going to spray and there was nothing the public could do about it.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

4. Member
    I like where it said "Today, routine spot treatments prevent things from getting out of hand" Spot Treatment? That is a Joke. Kill the whole lake treatment is the problem

"The FWC argued that much of the changes were the results of weather-related causes like hurricanes, as well as continued nutrient-loading from non-point sources. For example, over 600 tons of phosphorus makes its way into Lake Okeechobee annually as a result, primarily, of over-fertilization of area farmlands, acting as one giant shot of nutrients, blooming algae, darkening waters, and prohibiting growth of other plants" Weather related issues okay, Everything else is known. So why take out the
    natural filter system?

1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

5. Member
    Spot spray does mean the whole the lake, these administrators need to be jailed...

6. Member
    $$$

7. Member
    Follow the money!!
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

I don't have a dog in the fight, but it seems pretty clear to me that if Florida stops or even reduces their spraying efforts, there's going to be some people out of work. Mr Phillips and his folks ain't gonna let that happen ... JMHO.

9. Banned
    To be honest I also think some of it has to do with people moving here and what I mean is politicians like Rick Scott want open bodies of water for out of state individuals to look at and say wow look at the possibilities to go "boating". They don't care about fishing, hunting or forest. They are business men who want to make a buck then leave. Where I'm going with this is people from out of state pay high dollar and aren't used to looking at a basically a shallow dish of water that is weed infested ( through their eyes). They come from lakes up north that are cliff walls with 60 ft of water just off the bank or lakes that get so cold that winters kill off most vegetation. Never seen weeds grow through ice! So they move here buy a place on a lake and because they now pay tax dollars think they have a right to dictate what does and doesn't grow in the lake. I know this for a fact because I talked to an official on the Harris Chain. He said the home owners get together and bitch to the county. The official then said these home owners VOTE and have pull when it comes to eradication of hydrilla. But I'm sure Harris isn't alone in this matter. Id imagine nearly every lake in Florida falls into this category because we are so heavily populated by out of towners / transplants who never had to deal with growth of weeds in a subtropical climate.

This is just more fuel for back door policies and behind the scene deals to be made between certain privy individuals that involve a few state officials and chemical companies executives. Hard to stop this train. They will deny deny.... deny.... deny. Watch the movie Arin Brockovich with Julia Roberts
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 01-21-2020 at 09:47 AM.

The lakes in polk county have not been "spot sprayed"....they just hosed the whole damn lake. Every single one of them.
    It's almost like they look at these lakes as retention ponds , nothing more , nothing less.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    The lakes in polk county have not been "spot sprayed"....they just hosed the whole damn lake. Every single one of them.
    It's almost like they look at these lakes as retention ponds , nothing more , nothing less.
    And they didn't leave Tenoroc out.

Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    And they didn't leave Tenoroc out.
    I have no desire to fish out there anymore but , that doesn't surprise me one bit.