Thread: FXR 21

FXR 21

What are the speeds you guys getting on this boat?

Getting ready to order one, is a hydraulic jackplate a necessary add on?

Thanks

2. Member
    My question would be if you are spending that kind of money on a new skeeter why wouldn’t you get one. I personally wouldn’t have a bass boat without one but I fish a lot of shallow water too.

3. Member
    Ifadol...Hopefully (weather permitting) I will be able to provide you with a little feedback here pretty soon. I just purchased a FXR21 this week! Hope to start the motor break in this weekend.

4. Member
    I bought a FXR 20L in Nov. Today on the river my partner and I, all our gear, half a tank of fuel and empty live wells we hit 72.9 on my gps.

5. Member
    Ifadol...Well I was able to get out on the water today to start the break in period. Today's weather was North Winds 12-15 mph and 57 degrees. Here was my take away from several hours on the water today...

Before posting this, I did follow all of the motor break in's to the "T"...LOL

The boat does not porpoise at low speeds (18-21 mph). From what I have heard, this was an issue with previous models. Handles rough water extremely well! I am coming out of a 21 ft. Ranger Z Series and there was no comparison! Top end for me today (just me 185 lbs, no tackle, 1/2 tank of gas) was 74.5 mph. It is 100% true that there is some chine walk at higher speeds (started for me around 72-74 mph). I honestly believe that Skeeter hit a Home Run with this boat! Looking forward to spending more time behind the wheel...

6. Member
    I second everything said above by Nascar Z-21. I took delivery of my FXR21 Apex 2 weeks ago and also coming out of a Ranger. This is a heck of a great riding boat, beyond impressed.

For your question is a Hydraulic plate necessary... Hard to say since I am still in the break in period and I am running with my plate all the way down. But I will say, if you can spend the extra, a Hydraulic plat is a huge benfit on any boat.