Fish smart app sucks

Anyone use it. Been using it for over a year. It’s extremely slow, glitchy, crashes often and becomes unusable after saving more than 10 or so waypoints. Tonight I paid an additional $30 to be able to put a second copy of havasu on an additional card. Now the app just crashes every time I hit transfer. Anyone else have these issues. It’s handy but it doesn’t work well at all. Not sure why they don’t update the app and make it work correctly.

2. Member
    Same experience for me.

3. Member
    I haven’t used it for a while so forgot you can go into your chart select account and re-download your purchase. Got my maps. Still if you have a product that guys are going to rely on and with at times money on the line they should remove the app until it works well. I would just use Navionics but then can’t do depth highlighting right? Navionics has way more maps for the PNW as well. Humminbird has just a few maps for the PNW and last I heard (Sent them an email) has 0 plans to add more. We have so many large and epic fisheries up here that no one knows about and they won’t make mapping for them for some reason. Anyways enough ranting. Got what I needed in a very round about manner.

What are using it on, is it an older version phone or iPad? I’ve had it for few years and it works pretty good on my iPad. I’ve got a lot of waypoints and around 6 lakes on it.

[QUOTE=ZethKinnettFishing;10793493]I haven’t used it for a while so forgot you can go into your chart select account and re-download your purchase. Got my maps. Still if you have a product that guys are going to rely on and with at times money on the line they should remove the app until it works well. I would just use Navionics but then can’t do depth highlighting right? Navionics has way more maps for the PNW as well. Humminbird has just a few maps for the PNW and last I heard (Sent them an email) has 0 plans to add more. We have so many large and epic fisheries up here that no one knows about and they won’t make mapping for them for some reason. Anyways enough ranting. Got what I needed in a very round about manner.[/QUOTE

The Navionics Boating App has about the same settings as the FishSmart App. Just have to keep the subscription active to use them.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    What are using it on, is it an older version phone or iPad? I’ve had it for few years and it works pretty good on my iPad. I’ve got a lot of waypoints and around 6 lakes on it.

10X so should not have problems.

7. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    I don't have a problem using mine. Its works reality and very smooth. I use it on my IPhone.

8. Member
    Never had an issue. Use it on my iPad while trolling every weekend.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    Never had an issue. Use it on my iPad while trolling every weekend.
    i'll have to try it on the ipad and see what happens. Definitely does not work well on the iPhone.

Mine is much faster on iPhone than iPad. Brand new iPhone, 5 year old iPad...

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

11. Member
    I use it often with an android - Samsung S8+. Works great.

Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon