Thread: Okeechobee area

Okeechobee area

The lake was a little windy today

Few questions for the locals. I will be staying in the Okeechobee to Lakeport area
    Where can you buy non-ethanol fuel? Suggestions for where to watch the championship games on Sunday? Any suggestions for local places to eat dinner?

Thanks in advance as I didn't plan well in advance obviously
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member
    Gas at "Fast Break Bait and Tackle". Steak at "Speckled Perch". Best fried shrimp in Florida at "Lightsey's Restaurant". Google them for location.

3. Member
    Dont forget breakfast at Pogey's!!
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

4. Member
    Are you still gonna make that run to the South End from the Kissimmee River...?? Would love to hear your review of my favorite big lake. Please share.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookWizard View Post
    Are you still gonna make that run to the South End from the Kissimmee River...?? Would love to hear your review of my favorite big lake. Please share.
    Well the wind was 15 to 20 out of the East today. I put in at Kissimmee and ran straight down to Clewiston hahaha

Big water for sure. As I've seen other people say, until your actually on it you cant appreciate how big it is
    Last edited by sdbrison; 01-18-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Well the wind was 15 to 20 out of the East today. I put in at Kissimmee and ran straight down to Clewiston hahaha

Big water for sure. As I've seen other people say, until your actually on it you cant appreciate how big it is
    I have crossed twice...and when your near the middle you cant see land anywhere. I rely on my GPS. I really try not to cross.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

7. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Yea, my boat needs a couple more feet and an extra motor before you'd get me to make that run across the middle..

No way I would go across with the winds that have been here the last few days. It's been bad just running around the edge

9. Member
    Don’t ever go to lightsey’s I think they served us mudfish or gar smoked fish dip. And it stuck with you for a couple of days.... if you think that is good food you need to get out more.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    Don’t ever go to lightsey’s I think they served us mudfish or gar smoked fish dip. And it stuck with you for a couple of days.... if you think that is good food you need to get out more.
    I come from and have lived all around Florida. I currently reside in Jupiter; not your 5h1thole West Palm. So I've been out plenty. I stand by my statement that Lightsey's has the best fried shrimp in Florida.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis__1 View Post
    not your 5h1thole West Palm.
    Come down and try Okeechobee Steakhouse. Curtis Lewis is an old stick on Chobee and he and his brother own the place.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    Apparently I don't get out much. I had the Sunday buffet that had a mix from catfish to cobia to fried or cocktail shrimp to gator to raw oysters to....
    Good stuff
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack