Outboard removal help VX hulls

I received my new Bob's jack plate this week and am now preparing to remove the outboard.

For the top bolts there is the round covers over the bolts in the splash well, what is the best way to remove these covers?

How do I get to the bottom bolts? Remove the on board charger and all of the items in the center section of the bilge or through the large round cover in the splash well?

Last one, the black right angle cover that goes on top of the transom, will it easily come off after all of the screws are removed? I need to do a little cutting on it so it will allow the plate to mount to the transom plus I want to check the transom and reseal as needed.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

2. Member
    Got the black round covers they are held on with sticky tap. Use a thin putty knife and they will come off. You can get new ones from your dealer.

The bottom two bolts take the round plastic cover off in the splash well and you will see them. Wear a long sleeve shirt cuz it’s a rough cut edge on the fiberglass.

The angle plastic will be easier to take off after the motor is off. It’s got screws in it and the under side will have silicon holding it. When you put it back on Be sure to put 100% silicone on the inside edge of it to make sure there is no leaks
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    Got the black round covers they are held on with sticky tap. Use a thin putty knife and they will come off. You can get new ones from your dealer.

The bottom two bolts take the round plastic cover off in the splash well and you will see them. Wear a long sleeve shirt cuz it’s a rough cut edge on the fiberglass.

The angle plastic will be easier to take off after the motor is off. It’s got screws in it and the under side will have silicon holding it. When you put it back on Be sure to put 100% silicone on the inside edge of it to make sure there is no leaks
    Thanks Generator!!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

4. Member
    No problem.

5. Member
    Generator,if it’s not too late,most jackplates are notched to accommodate that trim piece.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Generator,if it’s not too late,most jackplates are notched to accommodate that trim piece.
    Yes this is correct some are. My bobs isn’t and I had to trim it some. But it’s also a 5yr old boat now.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    Yes this is correct some are. My bobs isn’t and I had to trim it some. But it’s also a 5yr old boat now.
    What inch plate did you get? I had a 6in bobs from back in 07 that was not cut out. Bought a new 8in action jack with pump built in 2 years ago and that plat was notched out at top. On my 521 I would of rather had it not cut out as my 521 don't need it.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    I have a 10” bobs with the pump inside the plate.