Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailerTami View Post
    Stephen, I was made aware of this post you sent and went to it.

I am a bit confused because you contacted us over the holidays while our plant was shut down via Facebook and I thought we worked out a solution to help you. In fact, we were even going to have our salesman pick up your trailer and bring it to our plant for the repairs. I have also given you my office number to call me on Monday and never heard from you. Crickets. Now I read this.

Let’s try it again. When you are ready to have your issues taken care of call (931) 454-9089 ext. 309 or email me at tami@marinemastertrailer.com
    the crickets you refer to would be answered in the message where i told you i work longer hours than youre open and wouldnt be able to call. Your salesman has indeed gone above and beyond to try to help, i believe his name is rick. The purpose of this post wasnt to bash marine master, it was honestly to gauge whether others had thought about switching brands due to the issues. Im aware a lot of the issues are with UFP Dexter and not parts actually produced by Marine Master. At the same time you cant fault us for being very disappointed with the issues ive had with a 2-3 year old trailer that we spent a lot of money on. No different than if someone had bought a new vehicle and had a lot of issues in the first couple years. If youd bought a (insert vehicle manufacturer) and had multiple issues im sure youd have a problem with it. My initial post wasnt meant to bash you, and i will ask that this post be removed once youve had a chance to read it
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    My fishing roommates own a 2014 Ranger and 2018 Skeeter. Both of their trailers need a lot of TLC frequently. The new built in house Skeeter trailer sees the shop almost every month for brake and hub issues. Somebody mentioned it above, the real problem is the components the trailer manufactures are using.
    X 100! My son works for a dealer, he does everything from A to Z on brand new Skeeters, and it's definitely not the trailers, it's absolutely the parts. They also have a handful of Pro's/Pro Staff they get feedback from, and it's mostly trailer related. Just because the owners of other brands aren't posting it, doesn't mean they don't have the same or worse problems. If you haven't really paid other boat manufacturer trailers much attention, next time anyone is at a ramp, do a quick look and you'll be very surprised how many of the newer model boat trailers use a lot of the same brand parts. I put my Phoenix next to a new Skeeter and was VERY surprised. So many of us focus on the boat itself, that often the trailer is overlooked, not on purpose, but...... Supply and Demand really means Cheaper and more expensive.

I have a 2013 619, and yes have had trailer issues. BOTH leaf springs broke, but MM sent out replacements free of charge, and there is a local trailer shop that handles MM trailers, and they replaced the springs with the new ones. The old ones were manufactured in China and were basically junk. Had to get the brakes redone a couple of years ago, and have had to replace one wheel bearing.

However I tow it a lot over hilly, curvy roads and that puts a lot of stress on the brakes and frame. I expect I would have similar issues (except the springs) with any trailer.

Had to replace the roller too.

On the plus side, haven't had any issues with the lights.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    No, Phoenix does stand behind their product. Marine master does to really, just they have quality issues
    Absolutely! I have to say the few times I talked to Phoenix or Marine Master, I was more than satisfied. They both have fantastic customer service, and WITHOUT hesitation I can say they want you as a customer for life. I've toured both facilities and the Customer is #1. Every brand will have the oops issues, but how do the other brands handle it? A few others are good, and many others are not AT ALL! Also on other brands if your past your warranty, good luck, your on your own. Not Phoenix or Marine Master, within reason of course.

It's the parts, but who's fault is that? For example the now Dexter Hubs that so many are having issues with, it's not a Phoenix and Marine Master only issue, its a product manufacturing issue and again Phoenix and Marine master are not the only brands using Dexter or having issues. My son see's the same exact problems on other brand boats as well.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 01-25-2020 at 09:28 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I have a 2013 619, and yes have had trailer issues. BOTH leaf springs broke, but MM sent out replacements free of charge, and there is a local trailer shop that handles MM trailers, and they replaced the springs with the new ones. The old ones were manufactured in China and were basically junk. Had to get the brakes redone a couple of years ago, and have had to replace one wheel bearing.

However I tow it a lot over hilly, curvy roads and that puts a lot of stress on the brakes and frame. I expect I would have similar issues (except the springs) with any trailer.

Had to replace the roller too.

On the plus side, haven't had any issues with the lights.

My point exactly. For anyone having issues, if you haven't called Marine Master and or followed up on any of your trailer issues, do yourself a favor, CALL THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    My point exactly. For anyone having issues, if you haven't called Marine Master and or followed up on any of your trailer issues, do yourself a favor, CALL THEM!
    I’m gonna wait on the owner to call me back since he said he would. That was in 2017 though. Maybe he just hasn’t had time yet.

7. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I get what your saying, I see it both ways though. If you buy a new Ford with a certain brand bed cover and it fails, the maker of the bed cover will be the one to cover the warranty although it could go thru Ford dealer for the warranty as well. It wouldn't be a Ford bed cover just because it has a decal on it. I'm in agreement that Phoenix should look at something different in the trailer department though, they could do a lot better
    In terms of getting things fixed I would rather deal directly with MarineMaster. Imagine contacting Phoenix and then waiting for them to contact MM with an answer. Would be a PITA. The "image" of the trailer issues on buyers, that is a Phoenix issue.

I think one good thing about the trailer is that most issues are known. It doesn't seem that there are as may quality related issues now. The grounding scheme is a pain and should be changed. Creates a lot of headaches with the lights.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Sucks to hear this. Has there been any talk of Phoenix building their own trailers in house? I know Skeeter went that route. Not sure if their own built trailer is any better as I do not own one
    love my 2018 920 but my biggest fear moving from basscat to a bird was the trailer. So far no regrets
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    Interesting reading through this. In 2016 it was down to a 920 and z520c for me. Went with ranger only because of the trailer and better carpet. Will be replacing in 21 and can't believe the trailers are still the same story.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnute View Post
    Most have had issues with their trailers? So you are saying over 50% of the trailers are bad? 25%? What is most?

How many boat trailers are being made by MM yearly and how many of those have issues? How many of those issues are cause by general failure to upkeep when you are rolling them miles upon miles, just beating them up, or just bad quality?

I am sure if you look at the number of Phoenix owners that have not had issues versus ones that have had issues.....I am sure the word "most" would not be one that is brought up. If the trailers were junk I am sure that MM would be out of business and the boat manufactures that use them for their boats........would not.

I have read about issues but it aint most. I had no issues with my trailer or trailers from MM on any boat I have purchased that uses MM. Toyota, Ram, Ford. Chevy, Honda etc seem to have recalls frequently are they junk?
    I can speak for myself. I have had 4 921's and the only issue I had with a trailer was operator error. I called MM and was taken care of immediately with outstanding Customer service.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

11. Member
    I’ve got a brake locked up now on my 2017- suppose to be fixed anyday now but rotor feels shot

12. Member
    Mine had a vibration as soon as i left the dealer, and still has... figure its a tire. not the trailer.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RWB9043 View Post
    Mine had a vibration as soon as i left the dealer, and still has... figure its a tire. not the trailer.
    I had my trailer wheels balanced, and it made a huge difference. Pulls better than any boat I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked247 View Post
    I had my trailer wheels balanced, and it made a huge difference. Pulls better than any boat I've owned.
    This! Always have your trailer wheels balanced. I have had zero issues with my trailer, by the way. Also pulls great, and super easy to load the boat onto it.
    2018 Phoenix 919 Pro XP, 225 Pro XS

Ultrex 112#, Helix 10s, NightFishion HD-8

”Midnight Special”

15. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I have a 2016, 921xp. I live near Cincinnati OH and just took my trailer to MM last week(1/21/20) for a small gatorhyde problem. They were willing to pick it up and bring it back, but I thought it would be quicker if I drove there and dropped it off myself. So, left early 4am... 6 hrs each way and I was home before dark. Tami was excellent in going over things that I thought should be looked at even tho there wasn't a problem with it. More like a safety check. They are taking care of the gatorhyde that was coming loose in a small area.
    Tami went completely around my boat/trailer making a video of everything just in case something happened during repair. That video covers them & myself. I was impressed that she had the thought to do that. I will also pick up the boat/trailer when it's done, and have it home same day, 6 hrs each way.
    As for the OP, I see he works a lot and doesn't have time to take a call from MM, but if you have ONE DAY off, you could make the drive, drop off trailer, and be home for supper same day! I believe you're even closer than I am. MM customer service has treated me excellent, & after 30,000+ miles on the trailer, I only changed tires, brake pads & bow roller. Basically normal wear stuff. I expect my boat within 2 weeks, 3 weeks tops.
    I highly recommend that anyone with trailer problems just call and deal directly with MM. 931-454-9089... Ask for Tami. If they need your trailer there, and you're within a reasonable driving distance, it pays to take it there yourself. That way you speak to them in person, and you'll feel much more at ease.
    Sometimes you just have to inconvenience yourself a little to get the service faster than waiting around for a call, going thru boat dealer, or even Phoenix/Tim.
    Marine Master will take care of you all if you just call.
    Last edited by Fidgetcranker; 01-31-2020 at 07:04 AM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    I have a 2016, 921xp. I live near Cincinnati OH and just took my trailer to MM last week(1/21/20) for a small gatorhyde problem. They were willing to pick it up and bring it back, but I thought it would be quicker if I drove there and dropped it off myself. So, left early 4am... 6 hrs each way and I was home before dark. Tami was excellent in going over things that I thought should be looked at even tho there wasn't a problem with it. More like a safety check. They are taking care of the gatorhyde that was coming loose in a small area.
    Tami went completely around my boat/trailer making a video of everything just in case something happened during repair. That video covers them & myself. I was impressed that she had the thought to do that. I will also pick up the boat/trailer when it's done, and have it home same day, 6 hrs each way.
    As for the OP, I see he works a lot and doesn't have time to take a call from MM, but if you have ONE DAY off, you could make the drive, drop off trailer, and be home for supper same day! I believe you're even closer than I am. MM customer service has treated me excellent, & after 30,000+ miles on the trailer, I only changed tires, brake pads & bow roller. Basically normal wear stuff. I expect my boat within 2 weeks, 3 weeks tops.
    I highly recommend that anyone with trailer problems just call and deal directly with MM. 931-454-9089... Ask for Tami. If they need your trailer there, and you're within a reasonable driving distance, it pays to take it there yourself. That way you speak to them in person, and you'll feel much more at ease.
    Sometimes you just have to inconvenience yourself a little to get the service faster than waiting around for a call, going thru boat dealer, or even Phoenix/Tim.
    My experience with the Customer service at MM and Phoenix couldn't get any better.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    thanks for sharing, what did you do with your boat. assume you have it jacked up in the garage? I could envision some problems (bad noises) induced by the weight of the boat where it would be needed to be on the trailer. Very good idea though and glad MM is taking care of you.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    thanks for sharing, what did you do with your boat. assume you have it jacked up in the garage? I could envision some problems (bad noises) induced by the weight of the boat where it would be needed to be on the trailer. Very good idea though and glad MM is taking care of you.
    Marine Master has a strap hoist system they lift the boat off of the trailer with. They can then transfer it to another trailer, or put the boat on a mobile style bunk system. Basically the same way they move your boat around when it's being built at Phoenix.

19. Member
    cool, that makes it simple then
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    cool, that makes it simple then
    Yes indeed. They make it very easy, and how many others will offer to even come pick your boat up if there's an issue....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast