Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    I haven't had any real issues with my trailer so i cant say much. I can say that marine master is on the Phoenix facebook group and they are always helping people out with parts and stuff I see on there. They must have good customer service.

i believe the gentlemen's name is Clyde.
    Their customer service wasn’t good when I needed them. Way back after I bought my 2016 it didn’t take me long to have issues with the bow roller before we knew about the replacement. I posted on Facebook about it scratching my boat and MM reached out to me on Facebook and asked me to call them. The person I spoke to basically said I didn’t know anything about owning a boat so I lit unit him. The owner of MM called me back and said that he had spoken with the employee about the way he spoke to me and that he would deal with me directly from then on. He said they were aware of the roller issue and were working on it. He said he would call me back when they decided how to proceed and I’m still waiting on the call lol. The boat is going on 4 years old this year so I am past it now. I replaced the roller with the stoltz on my own when I first noticed the scratches.

2. Member
    Threads like this make me think twice about considering a Phoenix.

3. Member
    I have a 15 mine has been good minor issues ground wire and bow roller I have about 15000 miles on it

There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

UFP used to be great but I guess the purchase by Dexter has screwed that up. It's pretty common, I bigger company buys a smaller, high quality manufacturer and starts making cuts or getting things made for less. Competition is whats needed in these situations or it won't get fixed.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    I've had 4 921's and only issue I had was when I left the break away attached and locked up the brakes. MM Customer service was fine in dealing with that. That was my issue not theirs.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

7. Member
    My fishing roommates own a 2014 Ranger and 2018 Skeeter. Both of their trailers need a lot of TLC frequently. The new built in house Skeeter trailer sees the shop almost every month for brake and hub issues. Somebody mentioned it above, the real problem is the components the trailer manufactures are using.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    My fishing roommates own a 2014 Ranger and 2018 Skeeter. Both of their trailers need a lot of TLC frequently. The new built in house Skeeter trailer sees the shop almost every month for brake and hub issues. Somebody mentioned it above, the real problem is the components the trailer manufactures are using.
    I think so too. The only problem I had that was mm fault was the bunks needed shims and the boat loaded a hair to the right instead of straight. The tongue had lots of play but that was a manufactured part and one hub leaked a little. I towed a lot though. The bunks were an easy fix myself and mm didnt seem to care about the tongue flex and didnt have an issue sending me a new vault bearing for the one that leaked

9. Dogfish_Jones
    At least guys you don’t have to deal with a Nitro trailer. I have more weld spots around the fender well that I ve just about redone that entire area. Already replaced the bunk boards, had to redo my wiring, both tail lights.
    just noticed a week or so ago, the inner part of the fenders are pulling away from the frame. Time to get the welder back out.
    i really think it’s every boat manufacturer, they must use the same crappy company.

10. Member
    So what I am hearing is Phoenix is not standing behind thier product. For those of you that have been having trailer problems, is that the case?

11. Member
    Really was interested in a new Phoenix a couple of years ago. About to pull the trigger when I discovered the numerous trailer Issues you guys have discussed. I didn’t want my limited fishing time to be spent fighting with a trailer. Purchased another Ranger mostly because of no trailer issues with the previous three “R” boats I have owned. To me a safe play, but I really liked the Phoenix, I believe it’s a top quality boat. I know Phoenix sells all the boats they can make but it’s unfortunate as a consumer to see the problems they are having. Hopefully there are trying to rectify the trailer issues in order to make there product even more desirable to their potential customers.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    So what I am hearing is Phoenix is not standing behind thier product. For those of you that have been having trailer problems, is that the case?
    No, Phoenix does stand behind their product. Marine master does to really, just they have quality issues

13. Member
    I differ from the opinion that the trailer is MM’s responsibility, and/or the parts suppliers. I think the trailers are wholly Phoenix’s responsibility. After all, they are branded as Phoenix. They are sold as a package with the boat. I’m sure Phoenix is making some margin on the trailers. Also, unless things have changed, a Phoenix boat can’t be purchased without the trailer.
    However, it’s just my viewpoint.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    No, Phoenix does stand behind their product. Marine master does to really, just they have quality issues
    Hmmm. Not what I am hearing. You are buying the trailer with the boat. The buck stops with Phoenix. It's not like you have any say on who they choose to supply their trailers. I had one boat with trailer problems and I will never put up with that again.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    Hmmm. Not what I am hearing. You are buying the trailer with the boat. The buck stops with Phoenix. It's not like you have any say on who they choose to supply their trailers. I had one boat with trailer problems and I will never put up with that again.
    I get what your saying, I see it both ways though. If you buy a new Ford with a certain brand bed cover and it fails, the maker of the bed cover will be the one to cover the warranty although it could go thru Ford dealer for the warranty as well. It wouldn't be a Ford bed cover just because it has a decal on it. I'm in agreement that Phoenix should look at something different in the trailer department though, they could do a lot better

16. Member
    Have you reached out to us at MMT regarding your issues? You have to give us the opportunity to help you. 931-454-9089 ext 309 or tami@marinemastertrailers.com

17. Member

MARINE MASTER TRAILERS

Stephen, I was made aware of this post you sent and went to it.

I am a bit confused because you contacted us over the holidays while our plant was shut down via Facebook and I thought we worked out a solution to help you. In fact, we were even going to have our salesman pick up your trailer and bring it to our plant for the repairs. I have also given you my office number to call me on Monday and never heard from you. Crickets. Now I read this.

Let’s try it again. When you are ready to have your issues taken care of call (931) 454-9089 ext. 309 or email me at tami@marinemastertrailer.com

18. Member
    ^^^ Always 3 sides to every story. Their side, your side, and the truth

19. Member
    I gotta say I had a Ranger for 4 years and had terrible trailer problems, was back and forth to the dealer many times and always wore tires oddly, fairly certain the rear axle was aligned right, brake caliper and master cylinder issues. Had a Phoenix for 6 years now and haven’t had a problem with the trailer at all and the tires haven’t wore at all. I will admit it does creek and pop and the Ranger trail didn’t make any noises.

Most have had issues with their trailers? So you are saying over 50% of the trailers are bad? 25%? What is most?

How many boat trailers are being made by MM yearly and how many of those have issues? How many of those issues are cause by general failure to upkeep when you are rolling them miles upon miles, just beating them up, or just bad quality?

I am sure if you look at the number of Phoenix owners that have not had issues versus ones that have had issues.....I am sure the word "most" would not be one that is brought up. If the trailers were junk I am sure that MM would be out of business and the boat manufactures that use them for their boats........would not.

I have read about issues but it aint most. I had no issues with my trailer or trailers from MM on any boat I have purchased that uses MM. Toyota, Ram, Ford. Chevy, Honda etc seem to have recalls frequently are they junk?
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast