Thread: Z118

Z118

Looking at a 2012 Z118/150 Pro XS. I've had 20 footers and looking to down size. Don't want to pay the price of a new one. Been there, done that. Found this one, looks nice, motor checks out good. Would like opinions on this particular boat/motor combo. Good sized rig for me.
    Thanks

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    There are lots of threads and comments on this board about the 118/518/188/185 series of boats. Performance and quality wise, there’s little to choose from among all of those. All good hulls; Ranger doesn’t make any duds. Solid mid-50s performance. As with any 18-foot boat, they are a little sensitive to extra weight in the form of extra batteries, shallow water anchors, and jack plates, but these are still viable options if you are willing to adjust and compromise. Maybe more specific details about your priorities or concerns would help to solicit responses.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    There are lots of threads and comments on this board about the 118/518/188/185 series of boats. Performance and quality wise, there’s little to choose from among all of those. All good hulls; Ranger doesn’t make any duds. Solid mid-50s performance. As with any 18-foot boat, they are a little sensitive to extra weight in the form of extra batteries, shallow water anchors, and jack plates, but these are still viable options if you are willing to adjust and compromise. Maybe more specific details about your priorities or concerns would help to solicit responses.
    Thanks, just did a search. Found out what I wanted to know

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Great! I hope it works out for you.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio