Livewell question

Question on my 2017 189 trx livewell. Where the water is pumped into livewell is there supposed to be a elbow or something to angle it down? Mine is just a owning with threads and water hits the front of livewell and shoots up onto deck if you have lid open. Seems like there should be a nozzle to me on there. Just asking. Dealer says it’s supposed to be like that but just doesn’t seem like it should to me

2. Member
    That’s not right. Mine’s a 20 footer but I’m sure the livewells are similar. I’ll have to look in there and see for sure how it’s set up cause I don’t remember now, but I know my deck won’t get wet when it’s filling with the lid open.

3. Member
    On my 98 TR-20,

When I use the RECIRCULATING PUMPS the water shoots high and fwd and splashes against the forward part of the livewell,
    It does not spray out of the livewell just the forward wall. There may be alittle spray of water coming out when the lid is open.
    I think they do this so it will add O2 to the water (adding bubbles).

When I use the Livewell FILL PUMPS there is no splashing out of the livewell. I'm pretty sure they spray strait down.
    Last edited by Team Mud; 01-18-2020 at 03:45 AM.

4. Member
    call your dealer and ask if they have a small elbow that supposed to be on there, If there isn’t go to your local hardware store and install one. I am going to be where my boat is stored later I will look, I have the 18TRX which is basically the same boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    call your dealer and ask if they have a small elbow that supposed to be on there, If there isn’t go to your local hardware store and install one. I am going to be where my boat is stored later I will look, I have the 18TRX which is basically the same boat.
    Anybody know if that is 3/4”?

6. Member

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayak View Post
    thats what I got. I ended up picking up a elbow and put it on just to see if that helps any. Thanks for the pic

8. Member
    2019 18 TRX, hopefully this picture turns out, mine actually has a valve on it I could adjust and then the little round nipple has a port facing down, You may have to turn your phone because picture posted sideways, that valve and overflow is obviously on the top of my live well. I guess I’m not sure of the size because I did not want to try to unscrew it because everything is very cold here, but My guess it would be three-quarter inch.

071110DA-BCEE-4CD0-BCF6-59C15B77C4CB.jpeg

9. Member
    It unscrewed easily, here’s a couple more shots.
    Attachment 390730Attachment 390731

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    2019 18 TRX, hopefully this picture turns out, mine actually has a valve on it I could adjust and then the little round nipple has a port facing down, You may have to turn your phone because picture posted sideways, that valve and overflow is obviously on the top of my live well. I guess I’m not sure of the size because I did not want to try to unscrew it because everything is very cold here, but My guess it would be three-quarter inch.

071110DA-BCEE-4CD0-BCF6-59C15B77C4CB.jpeg
    same thing I got. I got my triton in September and only tried pumping water in a couple times to check everything out. But when I pumped water in to fill, it come out of the white valve and hit the front wall and spray upwards pretty good. I ended up running to hardware store and got a 3/4” elbow and threaded it on just to angle it down. I’ll see how it works.

11. Member
    That should work just fine, I don’t really see any need for that valve, I did not even know there was a valve on it until I looked today

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak View Post
    My 18trx is like this too. This is the recirc fitting. The other nozzle with the valve is the fill pump outlet. Mine shoots straight forward too not sure why its like that but it seems like it should have a nozzle on it too.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

13. Member
    My 189 has the tournament package, the paperwork says “2 recirc pumps, 2 aerator pumps, 2 pump outs” . I’m not sure if that is different from the base livewell package or if it impacts the locations and types of nozzles in the picture I posted. I thought the purpose of the pump shooting straight out was to disrupt more water surface area to increase the oxygen for the fish? That’s just my guess.

That very well could be the case. It sure shoots out of there with some pressure tho lol. I think the difference between the 2 livewells is either 2 seperate livewells side by side of one big one with a divider.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    That very well could be the case. It sure shoots out of there with some pressure tho lol. I think the difference between the 2 livewells is either 2 seperate livewells side by side of one big one with a divider.
    Mine has the 2 separate live wells which I believe is part of the Tournament Package.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support