Thread: HB 52

HB 52

Might allow coyote hunting at night under new regulations. No fire arm restrictions, no more white lights only colored, year round with exception of deer season and prohibits night hunting on WMA’s. At least that’s the way I read it.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

2. Member
    Yes! We can finally ditch the shotgun and white light for an AR and NVG's or thermals!

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

3. Member
    So I know someone with a working farm and he has been hunting coyotes for years at night. Has he been doing this illegally?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
    So I know someone with a working farm and he has been hunting coyotes for years at night. Has he been doing this illegally?
    Shhhhh

5. Member
    Lol....I got some good blackmail material now. Seriously though I just want to let him know so he doesnt get in trouble. He decided to buy a farm several years ago so his wife could raise the kids on organically raised foods . I don't think he really knows what the laws are.

Read the current regulations. It is legal to hunt coyote at night but there is some restrictions. Here is just part of the current regulation...

"Coyotes may be hunted year-round, day or night, with no bag limit. However, they can be hunted using lights or night vision equipment after daylight hours from Feb. 1 – May 31 only. Lights or other means to make coyotes visible at night cannot be connected to or cast from a mechanized vehicle. Shotguns are the only legal firearm for night coyote hunting but a shell containing a single projectile may not be used."

To read all about hunting coyote here is the furbearer link...https://fw.ky.gov/Hunt/Pages/Furbear...-Trapping.aspx

Pure speculation on my part but based on what was said in post #1 I bet house bill 52 will allow hunters to use rifles at night. Again pure speculation on my part. I did not see anything about the type of light allowed other than you can not cast a light from a mechanized vehicle. I know I use to watch a show on the Outdoor Channel and when they hunt coyotes at night they did not use a white light. They used night vision and they also had some type of infrared light that would light up an animals eyes at night. Never once did I see them use a traditional white light. Plus they also used a rifle for long shots and shotgun up close. I have no idea what state they were hunting coyote at night in but I do recall they never used a white light. Possibly house bill 52 is going to allow infrared or night vision? I really have no idea. Again pure speculation on my part based on what other states will allow.

7. Member
    They need to put a bounty on them. After seeing a coyote just about every set deer hunting my farm this year I have declared war on them.

I hunt them regularly but my luck seeing them isn’t very good. I’ve called in two this year only killing one, the other came in so fast I couldn’t get on him. So many people hunting them now has educated a lot of them.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898