Lower Unit Tools

Serial #1B432557 225 Pro XS

So I have 2 different gearcases, 1 is my primary lower that is a torquemaster and the other is my backup servicemaster case. My backup case has a bearing carrier o-ring leak and I am looking at fixing it myself. Will Mercury Part #91-840393 also work on the servicemaster? I would like to save some money and not have to buy both types of bearing carrier retainer wrenches.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    840393 will physically fit the retaining ring, however, the tool will be quite sloppy due to the smaller propshaft. While this might not be too bad coming apart, it will be VERY difficult to torque the carrier nut to the recommended torque value with a "sloppy fit". A bit easier if you find some type of collar or bushing, perhaps.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor