Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nitro Z20 vs Z19

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but looking for opinions on the Z20 vs the Z19. Currently I have a Z8 with 200 Pro XS and looking for a new Z19 or Z20. I fish quite a bit (3-5) days a week for a better part of the year, but I don't tournament fish and I don't usually carry a ton of gear. I absolutely love my Z8, but the Z19 has me pretty interested. How is the ride and stability between the two, and does anyone have experience fishing off both? Am I going to wish I had that extra Sq. footage back up front after a few trips, or are they fairly equivalent? If I would be happy with the Z19 I'd rather have the extra $$$ for Power Poles, better electronics, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Willie

2. Dogfish_Jones
    First off you in a Z8 which really is a revamped Z19. When Nitro changed their boat names in the 2016 year, the Z7 became the Z18, the Z8 became the Z19, and Z9 became the Z20.
    If you just want to jump to a 20' boat then get the Z20. But buying a Z19 will put you back in the same size you have now.

3. Member
    The Z19 is Nitro's Z series in the 19 foot class. My Z8 is 20 foot, same as the newer Z20. The Z19 will loose me about 8 Sq. feet on the bow deck compared to my Z8.

Z8 (20'1")
    Z20 (20'2')

Z9 (20'9")
    Z21 (21'2")

Z19 (19'4")
    Last edited by Willie 2.0; 01-17-2020 at 12:04 PM.

4. Dogfish_Jones
    You are correct, my error on length there. Then you will need to decide the cost factor for a new Z19 to a Z20. There is a $5,400 difference. Both the 19 and 20 have 94" beams. The biggest difference I would take into account is the HP. The Z20 can support a 250 hp. Where the Z19 supports only a 200.

5. Member
    I have never been in a Z20 but I own a Z19 and love it. I had the same thought but I do fish tourneys. I didn't see why i should spend the extra money.

If you carry "a bunch of gear" the z20 will draft a bit less than the 19, also the consoles are shorter in length than the older z8 so the front deck may not be much smaller at all. So maybe you won't notice the z19 being smaller.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Get the Z20.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

8. Banned
    That Z-20 must be a hot machine with a 250 on it.

9. Member
    If your not fishing tourneys and are used to the 200 I personally would get the Z19 and save the dollars. I have a new Z20 and love it on the other hand. They run strong with the 250 but I'm a tourney guy that needs the power. Both are great boats

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    That Z-20 must be a hot machine with a 250 on it.
    They run strong

Smile

I've had both boats, 2017 Z19 and now a 2019 Z20. Both were awesome rigs and I fish(ed) team tourneys out of both. If you are not tournament fishing the Z19 will be just fine for you. But if you want a couple of guys up front and the power to handle a heavy load, go with the Z20 with a 250 motor... With that said, I won more money out of the Z19 by far, so the power thing was not a factor.. :-)
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    I've had both boats, 2017 Z19 and now a 2019 Z20. Both were awesome rigs and I fish(ed) team tourneys out of both. If you are not tournament fishing the Z19 will be just fine for you. But if you want a couple of guys up front and the power to handle a heavy load, go with the Z20 with a 250 motor... With that said, I won more money out of the Z19 by far, so the power thing was not a factor.. :-)
    That is just because of your pure awesomeness
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Thanks for all the input!

Think I'm gonna give the Z19 a try. I'm sure there's minor differences and Pros/Cons for both. Worst case I feel cramped on the boat and move back up in a few years. Not like I won't still be able to fish out of it.

Any thoughts or differences I can expect from the New Pro XS4 vs the Pro XS?

Also: Power Poles....... Will one be suitable if I have an I-Pilot, or is there really a huge difference when you're using 2? And how effective is the spot-lock on the Minn Kota? Is it pretty good at keeping you on a spot, or is it just noisy and irritating trying to hold its GPS location?

Thanks,

Willie

14. Member
    The new 4 stroke is a beast, you'll love it. You can get by with one pole, but you'll swing around some in the wind. The ultrex is a game changer. Has no problem keeping you in place. I have a 19 Z20 up for sale on the sale page and a new one on order if you're looking to save some $$$. Can make you a deal with 10ft talons also.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    The new 4 stroke is a beast, you'll love it. You can get by with one pole, but you'll swing around some in the wind. The ultrex is a game changer. Has no problem keeping you in place. I have a 19 Z20 up for sale on the sale page and a new one on order if you're looking to save some $$$. Can make you a deal with 10ft talons also.
    Appreciate the info, figured I'd love the XS4..... Nice boat, but I'm pretty stuck on black and red....

16. Member
    I do fish team tournaments out of my Z19 and i have no problems with it. I have yet to think i should have went with the Z20.

17. Member
    and I'm thinking that extra foot in the garage will be nice to have back...... Storage length has been an issue on my Z8......

18. Member
    I have no regrets with my Z19. It is plenty fast enough, lots of storage and fishes two comfortably. If I spent more time on big water I might want a bigger boat for safety reasons but I don't so I'm happy.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

19. Member
    Thanks for all the input fellas..... all things considered, I spent a good bit of time in and out of both boats side-by-side at my dealer today, and went with the Z20..... I wanted to think I woulda been fine with the Z19, but after years of fishing in Z8, the Z19 just didn't feel right on the bow deck..... 8 sq. Ft doesn't sound like much, but standing in the Z19 it just really felt like I was missing something up front. Much appreciation for the feedback....

Can't wait, springs around the corner

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie 2.0 View Post
    Thanks for all the input fellas..... all things considered, I spent a good bit of time in and out of both boats side-by-side at my dealer today, and went with the Z20..... I wanted to think I woulda been fine with the Z19, but after years of fishing in Z8, the Z19 just didn't feel right on the bow deck..... 8 sq. Ft doesn't sound like much, but standing in the Z19 it just really felt like I was missing something up front. Much appreciation for the feedback....

Can't wait, springs around the corner
    Are you ordering one or taking one they had? Curious on lead times. Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast