Thread: MLK Trifecta

MLK Trifecta

Hey guys, I am free the next three days. My bass boat is ready for some spring action and i still have a buck tag for a whitetail!!

I've passed younger deer all season and now the last weekend is here. I'm considering using it on a younger buck. However, I only want to do that if I can accomplish something unique. I live in Boone County and feel pretty confident that I can get a two year old and possibly a nice cull 8 point three year old.

What I'd like to do is attempt a trifecta and catch a small mouth, large mouth and harvest the buck all in the same day during daylight hours. I'm three hours from Cumberland. Two hours from Laurel and One hour from Brookeville Indiana. All of which are nice lakes but I am not sure which one is best for which species of fish.

Cumberland and Brookeville both have tons of small mouth but the Largemouth may be tough. I've never fished Laurel and not sure what how the fishing is there.

Hows the bite going in any of these three locations if you know. I've seen tons of reports about fishing on Cumberland it seems to be pretty goods. Not sure if this cold front will kill the bite or not.

Any suggestions on the fishing portion?

2. Member
    Did that one time at Dale. Hit the deer on the way home!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    Nice work! Did you get the fish also?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    I see you are from Whitesville. I grew up in Thruston and graduated from DCHS in 88'.