Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I think the best thing you could do when you buy a new boat is buy the extended warranty protection for as far out as possible. Then keep the boat and trade off when your warranty is approaching one year left. Based on how you described how you want to purchase a Boat this would be the best thing to do in my opinion. It keeps you in warranty, and you can probably keep the boat four or five years lessoning the financial setback it creates.

2. Member
    My current boat is an 08 bought in 2014 with no warranty left .Had to replace a coil. Only issue in 6 years . There is a lot of good boats used out there with low hours . But its all a gamble as any motor can have problems.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildkat7 View Post
    Thx for turning my thread into a financial advising counseling session......
    Well, you kinda leave that door open when asking for opinion and suggestions, since them are like A$$holes, which some of them really stink.
    So, now it's up to you to sniff out the good 1s.

4. Member
    I did not do long term and am not upside down. I like the peace of mind knowing that if anything breaks, I take it in and they fix it. I love the boat and will likely buy another exactly like it or maybe the z20 for the extra room. I figure I'll end up keeping it until the warranty is nearing the end and then trade for another.
    I would keep it atleast to the end of your warranty. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    plenty
    i doubt it seriously. If that were the case no middle class working american would own a boat. I have a nice home, truck, wife suv and 3 kids. I could never buy outright. I am middle class America. Are you saying only the upper class can and should have a bass boat?
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass boss View Post
    i doubt it seriously. If that were the case no middle class working american would own a boat. I have a nice home, truck, wife suv and 3 kids. I could never buy outright. I am middle class America. Are you saying only the upper class can and should have a bass boat?
    Probably depends on your definition of middle class and not everyone has a family or kids at home still so if guys are still working I can see it if they have saved up for it thru the years.

Thread deleted
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 01-20-2020 at 07:18 PM.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bass boss View Post
    You read a lot into the word plenty there... He asked how many you know can afford it and I said plenty. Is that a problem?

9. Member
    You already have 2018 Z19, why not wait till they come up with a new design or something really new, the 2019, and 2020 are almost the same,
    I have a gut feeling that soon some of the better qualities you find in the Rangers we might soon see on our Nitros.

2019 Nitro Z19

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfast View Post
    You already have 2018 Z19, why not wait till they come up with a new design or something really new, the 2019, and 2020 are almost the same,
    I have a gut feeling that soon some of the better qualities you find in the Rangers we might soon see on our Nitros.

2019 Nitro Z19
    Updated the consoles on z21 this year. Touchscreen with remote backup for the lighting, livewells, etc.

11. Member
    You read a lot into the word plenty there... He asked how many you know can afford it and I said plenty. Is that a problem?
    Must be you know a lot of them Okie oil barons.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Must be you know a lot of them Okie oil barons.
    Or normal people that lived like no one else so later they could live like no one else.

I know many people do this and I think I am going to start. I know many guys get a new boat every 2-4 years. I currently have a 2018 z19 Nitro, fully loaded. I bought the 7 year Platinum warranty that covers boat, motor, trailer and I'm pretty sure it's transferable. I love the thought of keeping the warranty. When is a good/recommended timing to trade in for another new rig? I know some of you don't believe in financing anything....which is great for you but not for me. I am perfectly fine financing it. My boat will be 2 years old next month and want to get the most bang for my buck for the next boat. Suggestions?
    Then buy 2-5 year old boats, let others take the big loss in value
    Thank You Leon Pugh

14. Member
    Honestly dude it's your money. Do what makes you happy.

I think a boats haven't changed much in 20yrs since everyone went to all fiberglass. Electronics, wiring, and motors have changed.

15. Member
    Or normal people that lived like no one else so later they could live like no one else.
    You are right, who needs that double wide once the kids are gone.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTimeAgain View Post
    Honestly dude it's your money. Do what makes you happy.

I think a boats haven't changed much in 20yrs since everyone went to all fiberglass. Electronics, wiring, and motors have changed.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

17. Member
    I would suggest talking with your local dealers. Especially if you have been a customer before. Tell them what you are planning and see what they can set you up with. I am certain there is a dealer near you who would be ok with making a bit of money on a new sale every year and making some on the backend selling your old boat. Go to a few boat shows etc. and help them out a bit. They are NOT going to give you a boat or even that great of a discount starting out but you may be able to build on something. You seem to know that the reward of having new is going to cost you a certain amount each year and if that makes you happy then I say enjoy it. I spend a lot of money on things that make me much less happy and give me far less return on investment.

That said, my fishing friend has a 1996 Champion 22 or 23 foot boat that looks NEWER than my 2019 Flacon. It even does all the things mine does minus the extras like power poles and the latest graphs.

18. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Do what you feel comfortable doing, and pay for it however you feel comfortable paying for it. Don't try to live up to someone else's standards, you'll only fail.
    If I wanted a new boat every 2-3 years and felt comfortable doing it, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishNCPA View Post
    Prior to the new tax laws, this was definitely true. The reality now is that most people no longer deduct mortgage/HELOC interest since the Standard Deduction is double what it used to be. To take it a step further, only interest related to purchasing, building, or substantially improving your home is now deductible. Again, all a moot point if taking the Standard Deduction.

Of course this is all subject to change based on future elections.

Yes, I am real fun at parties!

100% correct.

That you Dave?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast