Ranger 188 vs Bow Nav Light Socket Wiring

I was playing around with wiring for the nav light trying to get it my light working. The wiring that goes to socket is 2 wires, a red and a gray, from the rocker switch. While messing around with the wiring, i pulled the wires from the socket and do not remember which way they go back. Can anyone help? I am not sure if the red is on right and gray is on the left or vise versa. Unfortunately i do not have a working light that i can test which way they go right now.

2. Member
    You have a 50-50 chance. try it one way and it works you good. if not swap it. It won't hurt anything if it is wrong. You have make sure that the the light is correct for the switch position.

3. Member
    If you reverse the polarity, it'll be a black hole!
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

4. Member
    Ya that what i thought, i was just trying to figure it out with out a working light post prior to fishing a tournament sat. My partner is bring his light and that's just one less thing to worry about sat morning at the ramp.

You can test it with a Volt/Ohm meter or a 12v test light. One pin is for the "Map Light" and should be hot all the time, the other is for the Running lights and should only come on when switched to on at the dash or the bow.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents