TROLLING BATTERIES

I think one of my trolling batteries is going out. If my other ones are still good
    will it be ok to put just one of another brand in my boat and leave the other two

2. Member
    I’ve changed out a single battery on my previous boat with a 24v setup and my current boat which is 36v. I did make sure both times that the batteries would hold a full charge with the proper volts. This has worked fine for me! Hopefully someone else may be able to give you info as well! Good luck! ��

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx2001 View Post
    I think one of my trolling batteries is going out. If my other ones are still good
    will it be ok to put just one of another brand in my boat and leave the other two
    It isn’t ideal, but it can work out. Age of batteries, type of batteries, the way you use it and budget all come into play in deciding. Generally with conventional flooded cells, I wouldn’t want to “reuse” the other batteries after two years of use. You can kind of get caught in a cycle of needing a new battery or two every year and never really have a good set.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    The best way to do it is buy 3 of the same kind and age. If you put a new one in, when one or more of the others fail, you will again have an unbalanced system. When used, the oldest and weakest will fail first.
    It will work, but isn't optimum. Sometimes the wallet speaks loudest. I think Sam's club has some good ones (Duracell) at a discount right now.

I have done it more than once but do have unbalanced dates but don't seem to have any issues with the trolling motor doing it this way.