Thread: Charlevoix

Charlevoix

I’m guessing Charlevoix is froze over. Could anyone take a picture and post it? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    It is most likely still mostly open water. Takes a long time to freeze and we have had really mild winter so far.

3. Member
    I actually just logged on here to ask about this lake.

I'll be in Charlevoix for a wedding the last weekend of June. How is the bass fishing in Charlevoix? Is it worth hauling my boat from TN and staying a few extra days? Any other lakes around the area worth visiting?

I appreciate any info...
    2023 Puma STS

You’ll be hitting the tail end of the spawn. And if you can’t fish lake charlevoix because of wind there are a bunch of other great smallmouth lakes within a short distance drive.
    Last edited by Hollada; 01-16-2020 at 09:04 PM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post

I'll be in Charlevoix for a wedding the last weekend of June. How is the bass fishing in Charlevoix? Is it worth hauling my boat from TN and staying a few extra days? Any other lakes around the area worth visiting?

I appreciate any info...
    That area is as good as Smallmouth fishing gets anywhere in the country. Many good lakes in the area. And if the wind lays down there is Grand Traverse Bay.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Here's an oldie but goody from Charlevoix. I believe they say they are there in late June to give you an idea of what to expect.

Love that area up there. Fished there in May 2018 and had a blast. Planning to be back in May of this year if all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    You’ll be hitting the tail end of the spawn. And if you can’t fish lake charlevoix because of wind there are a bunch of other great smallmouth lakes within a short distance drive.
    Recommendations of other lakes?

Most of the lakes in that NW corner are good. Elk, Torch, Clam, Intermediate, Bellaire, Walloon, etc.... I'd watch the wind and fish one with a protected shore that day. Switch lakes as the wind changes. If the wind is light, fish which ever one you want to explore. Those are all good.
    Last edited by LennyB; 01-18-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post

I appreciate any info...
    We spanked them on Charlevoix this last year in May. Some pics in this first video at the beginning. Summertime was more sporadic. These other two videos will give you some town views and some late summer and fall fishing. Walloon will be outstanding that time of year. Crooked isn't far from there either. Good luck and let us know how you do. If you PM me I'll send you a location where we got them this spring.

Last edited by bigbass201; 01-19-2020 at 01:00 AM.

12. Member
    Bring your boat, you won't be disappointed!!

great lake. south arm is almost always fishable in any winds. launch in ironton. if you don't have a lot of time you can stick to just the west side of the lake by charlevoix and find plenty to fish as well.