Thread: Lake Enid

Question Lake Enid

Four of my buddies ( 2 boats) are going to Enid crappie fishing in late February. If I went with them and took my boat and bass fished. Is it likely that I would catch a few bass? I just can't get excited about crappie fishing but I can bass fishing. I would like to make the trip (200+ miles) because of the fellowship. This is a great bunch of guys. I would release all bass caught. Your help/advice appreciated!

Really depends on water level and clarity. Bass fishing can be hotter than donut grease that time of year or dead as a hammer. I know that doesn't help much but that's usually how it is for me anyway.
    Jeff Brazil - Allison XB2003 - 225 Mercury Promax

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mercboy175 View Post
    Really depends on water level and clarity. Bass fishing can be hotter than donut grease that time of year or dead as a hammer. I know that doesn't help much but that's usually how it is for me anyway.
    Thanks...appreciate reply!

4. Member
    I pretty much bass fished all my life until about 6 years ago when I went down to Mississippi crappie fishing. Catching 2lb slabs got me hooked and haven't bass fished since! If you would have asked me prior to 6 years ago that I would only want to crappie fish I would have told you that you were nuts! If have fished Enid many times with minnows and jigs and only remember catching 1 bass that was maybe 2lbs. I say give crappie a try with your buddies, you just never know.

5. Member
    I have a place on Enid and was down there 2 weekends ago and the water was low. You will be fishing main lake points(Point Pleasant is a good one) and creek channels in the back of the coves. Unfortunately the Crappie Navy will be camped out at the entrance of all the coves tolling for the schooling Crappie. There are nice bass in Enid but you have to really look for them to find them. Last year me and my dad ran into a guy at the ramp that was using Carolina Rig with a brush hog in 20+ feet of water and the smallest bass he had was 5.5 pounds. He was also using his brand new Hummingbird 360 and said his wife was not really happy with him spending that much on it lol.