Force Footpedal wont sync with motor

I took my Force out for the first time today.
    Everthing was fine when I put in and started getting used to it. I calibrated it and went to my first spot and motor wouldn't work. I stepped on the foot pedal, a green light flashes once, then nothing. I tried syncing the foot pedal again and it wont sync. Motor works with remote, and fishfinders, but not foot pedal. Ran and got new batteries, same thing... Any one else have this problem?

2. Member
    Yes and Garmin sent me a new foot pedal and issue resolved. The remote would operate the
    motor but not the pedal. Give them a call tomorrow and they will take care of you.

3. Member
    Are you sure you are following the pairing instructions?
    1. On the Force press Power three times. Panel changes to blue.
    2. Within 30 seconds of putting batteries in or connecting power cable to the Foot Pedal, press and hold Anchor Hold until the LED turns blue
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Followed that sequence multiple times. Got it to work once, then went back to not connecting. Changed batteries and messed with it some more and got it to where it would turn the motor, but prop wouldn’t turn. As soon as I got the new pedal, had it paired in the matter of a couple minutes and has worked flawlessly since. Been out multiple times and couldn’t be happier with the trolling motor. It’s a winner!

5. Member
    That is good to hear. I did try and pair it multiple times, but It did not work. I have a new pedal coming tomorrow.
    Thank you

6. Member
    All,

If anyone else is having this issue, See below. The Garmin customer service rep did not have the correct pairing process. Listed below is the pairing process that worked for me. If anything it may save someone some time and aggravation.

Some tips for pairing the foot pedal:

1. Ensure the pedal has been powered down completely; remove AA batteries and external power, then press a button on the pedal once or twice to ensure the LED doesn't light.
    2. Apply power to the pedal via AA batteries or external power.
    3. Within 30 seconds of power being applied, hold down the anchor lock button for at least 10-15 seconds. The foot pedal LED should slowly blink blue in pairing mode.
    4. Bring the pedal close to the trolling motor (within 1 or 2 feet of the steering box) and press the power button on the trolling motor's LED display 3 times. The TM's status LED (far right at the top) should turn solid blue.

7. Member
    Nothing but problems with mine also. Talked with a rep and did the AA power option worked great, Then the power adjust wheel stopped did what they said work, Then it wont do anything, recal the pedal and now it spins out of control and the go button does not work nor does the power wheel. Sending me a new one today. Love the motor stout as heck BUT this wireless pedal has cost me lot of money going spending gas then only using the handheld to fish is almost impossible in the wind. Was wondering about the AA batteries if it acts up when they do down a little, but they cant tell me anything so I carry about 6 sets of them in the boat. Hope the new one works, have talked to other guys with zero problems. My luck.

8. Member

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Big Bait Byrd View Post
    Nothing but problems with mine also. Talked with a rep and did the AA power option worked great, Then the power adjust wheel stopped did what they said work, Then it wont do anything, recal the pedal and now it spins out of control and the go button does not work nor does the power wheel. Sending me a new one today. Love the motor stout as heck BUT this wireless pedal has cost me lot of money going spending gas then only using the handheld to fish is almost impossible in the wind. Was wondering about the AA batteries if it acts up when they do down a little, but they cant tell me anything so I carry about 6 sets of them in the boat. Hope the new one works, have talked to other guys with zero problems. My luck.
    Batteries last over a year. The new pedal will resolve your issue. Been there done that!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    I had some problems but I had one of the first now it's been 2 years works great,now I'm selling it and ordered a 57" hope it all works as good.I can't remember but one time support had me hit the heading hold button I think 12 times and then a purple light came on but I can't remember what my issue was at time it wasn't heading because I never use that