mercmonitor info

250 pro xs 1E001029 would a mercmontior level 2 have given me advance notice that a air injector was going bad causing a lean # 2 cylinder . before it blew ? this is a 2017 mercury fully dressed powerhead . so the serial may be different .

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No. The only information the PCM provides in regards to Direct Injectors is an "Open Circuit" or "Short Circuit" situation.

That being said- how did you determine that the #2 direct injector "was going bad causing a lean #2 cylinder"? Keep in mind that cylinder failures almost always hammer, beat, and impact debris into a direct (air) injector.

BTW... 1E001029 isn't a "Pro" XS... It's a Racing XS.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    by the flow rate before and after cleaning .

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Anything is possible- but it's also possible that the flow rate "before" was due to debris that had been forced into the DI. This is quite common.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    could very well happened , i just wish there was a way to know what goes on inside these motors to give a warning signal before it's too late, the cost of power heads is getting quite expensive.