Thread: Blown hpdi 300

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I don't know about each rail pressure the yds just gives me hp pump pressure and it shows good but I have two hp pumps so I don't know if it checks both or just one side and if you are talking about the neutral switch yes it is good i have another hp pump im going to try tomorrow and see but it sure seems like the port side pump is weak to me but who knows lol

2. Member
    I dont know if youve had a chance to look but on the output or input side of the High Pressure fuel pump there are injector screens. There are a bunch of em all over that motor, im sure you are aware of the "secret" filters, but in case you didnt know - may be worth looking into.

Thanks yes all have been replaced but still no go and I just tried a different hp pump still no change its just strange that if i unplug a injector on the starboard side it dies if i unplug on the port side it speeds up
    Last edited by skeeter21i; 06-05-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    What does YDS say fuel rail pressure is at idle? I don't have YDS dut I check voltage at the sensor and if iI get 3.2 V at idle I know I don't have a fuel pressure/volume problem. Have you checked the interrupter switch, mentioned on here by another member?
    What sensor are you checking for 3.2 volts

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter21i View Post
    What sensor are you checking for 3.2 volts
    The one on the port side fuel rail.....3 wires, middle Pink is sensor output (must be idling)

6. Member
    Just had 1 that had no codes but doing same thing.Was going into limp mode,oil tank on motor going low due to open circuit in oil pump harness.

Thanks for the info my tank was 90 percent full I hit the switch at the tank and it filled up so that looks good my voltage is 3.14 to 3.16 volts at hi idle around 11 to 1200 rpms and tps voltage around .75 i set it at. 63 but have to adjust hot foot to get it to. 75 or it won't idle

I just ran it cold its worse when it is cold and my voltage was 3.03 to 3.1 when it gets to 3.0 it dies and it happens at the same time it's not the voltage drops then it dies it happens at the same time what will cause it not to be 3.2 volts

9. Member
    High pressure pump or injectors leaking down. Kill motor and watch voltage it should maintain probably 2.5 V I don’t have Spec for that. But if it drops right off means something leaking down

Yeah it falls off within 10 seconds it was 0.5 volts i have had the injectors sent off and cleaned three times and two different hp pumps just wondering if the injector guy doesn't know what he is doing guess i can send them to a different place and see

11. Member
    I assume you have done a leak down test? Where I’m going here is the 2 injector seals to the head on each injector, if they leak you will have low compression as well. But I diverge. I have pulled the 3 injectors attached to the rail with the plastic clip holding them in place, then crank starter by jumping the soienoid with ign key off. High pressure pump will mechanically build pressure and you can observe the injectors for leakage.
    Good luck

I have around 105 compression i have not done a leak down test

13. Member
    My 300’s all average 125 on the low end

I'm thinking if I could ever break the motor in and get the rings seated it would be around yours but Yamaha said anything over 85 is ok so who knows lol

I gave up on it im just going to sell it and put a new 300 pro xs four stroke on it thanks for everyone's help

16. Member
    When you get that Merc on it tell us how that Skeeter runs, i believe that im not to far behind you on that hpdi.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter2222 View Post
    When you get that Merc on it tell us how that Skeeter runs, i believe that im not to far behind you on that hpdi.
    sure will

18. Member
    just a thought , but have you thought about sending it to HydoTec and see what they can do for you ? maybe but a 2 or 3 kit in it while its there.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter2222 View Post
    just a thought , but have you thought about sending it to HydoTec and see what they can do for you ? maybe but a 2 or 3 kit in it while its there.
    No I wanted to go with four stroke and with so many sho powerhead problems and I wanted to stay with a 300hp so i went with merc and I like the way they look and soundScreenshot_20200713-113038_Chrome.jpg

Not sure when it will be done with all the 2021 boats coming out alot of the rigging parts are on back order but hopefully in the next few weeks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast