2009 Z200TXR HPDI, NMEA 2000 Interface

I do not have any electronic gauges, just analog volts and water pressure. I am updating the elctronics on my boat so I thought I would add the NMEA interface cable to my Yamaha so I would have some engine info. Everything I've read and the Youtube videos say connect the cable to the "white" interface connector located in the front of the engine. I can't find any "white" connector and I can't find any unused connector that the square connector on the Lowrance interface cable will mate to. So what am I missing? The Lowrance (120-37) cable package clearly lists my engine model Z200. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Keep digging. It is toward the front of the lower cowling. Right hand side. Adjacent to the ten pin connector. Buried beneath some stuff.

Don't be like the last dude who swore that his motor did not have the connector because he refused to look for it.

3. Member
    Mine was buried on the starboard side, below the fuse box. Pretty sure it had a cap plugged into it when I found it.

4. Member
    OK, thanks for the insights. It will be Monday before I can get back to the boat to recheck with renewed confidence that it's really there, somewhere LOL.

5. Member
    I found it! Buried on the starboard side close to the rear latching mechanism. It has a cap on it that is stuck. I couldn't get the cap off and I'm thinking about using a heat gun to warm up the connector to see if that will free it. When your boat is stored at a lake 20 miles away trying to work on it sucks.