Who is still rocking their Xi5?

Who is still rocking their Xi5? and do you plan on upgrading?

2. Member
    I am. Motor works great and does everything I need it to just fine. I do not use the foot pedal at all, just the remote or through my Lowrance head units so no issues there.

I have been contemplating moving to an Ultra, just for the auto deploy feature. And I have been getting less satisfied with Lowrance units over the last few years. So also contemplating moving to HB units as well.

Still have not decided if I am going to yet. It is a lot of work and expense for just for auto deploy, although I am sure, especially on lakes I fish, the HB units will provide better mapping and imaging (this is based on using friends boats with HB units and they are pretty impressive and have very detailed maps for MN lakes).

3. Member
    I still am. When the motors out there are eventually released with a 60” shaft or longer, I’ll give them a hard look. That still seems to be a ways away, so that might be an upgrade for 2021.

4. Member
    I am too! Just like DQM I only use the handheld remote and don’t even carry the foot controller. Mine still does everything I can ask of it and is also connected to an HDS, it works great. I personally have switched to HB at the console for mapping as well. Idk what I would go with next if it died...
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

I like mine too. I use the pedal most of the time. I have two pedals but one is my favorite and works sweet. I run the xi5 because its wireless and hooks into my lowrance.

No plans to get rid of mine. Will be on year 5 with it. Other than needing a new foot pedal last year have no complaints.

7. Member
    Not changing anytime soon, I troll Wallys and Crappie a lot in the summer,sometimes just the trolling motor, a lot of time useing 9.9kicker trolling motor combo, I've got a lot of different routes stored on the HDS that I use well trolling at night, works pretty good for the most part.

I use mine and it is great foot pedal is worked in and is easy to use now, do use handheld some. I have a deposit on the new TOUR PRO MG so it will be going on.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

9. Member
    Still have it and use it. I had to replace the remote last week. The old one would not turn the motor to the left anymore. I bought a second remote to make sure it was the remote and not something else with the motor itself. We bought a tritoon boat last summer and I am going to buy another bracket for it and another set of batteries so that I can move the motor between the bass boat and the tritoon. Can't afford to upgrade to something else when this works so well.
    Stratos 2003 200 Pro XL

I have had mine since they first came out and see no reason to get rid of it. It's on my 14 foot HP restricted reservoir boat. Not sure if I would put one on my bassboat though, seems like it would be a PITA to stow and deploy. I'm waiting for the tour pro to come out for a possible replacement for the fortrex that is on my bassboat.

11. Member
    I've had one on my 2016 Triton 189 TRX for 4 years, and I'm about to replace it with the Ghost. Love it's spot lock which is very accurate. Hate the foot
    pedal. Tried to modify it with different springs but could never get it to work well. Wound up throwing it away and using remote, which is cumbersome when trying to fish a shoreline with irregular contours or around closely spaced docks. Was never happy with it's stow and deploy mechanism. I put a mountain bike handle bar stem on after reading thread below. Works nicely.

Motorguide XI5 adding a lifting handle/cable

12. Member
    I have one and obviously still use it. It works as good as when new why would I replace it?

I have 3 xi5's (I have 2 boats) Use 2 different shaft lengths and volt systems. I will get rid of 1 or 2 of them depending on how the new technology shakes out. When we get open water I need to try some things to get my gateway to operate consistently again. Also think the interference I was getting late season can be reduced. I am convinced the biggest problem was the dense cold water and current.
    To fish or not to fish?
    What stupid question.