Tempest on 2-stroke 150 VMax

I asked in the Props forum but wanted to ask here too. I want to put a Tempest Plus on my Yamaha VMax. I had an extra Flo-Torq II hub kit sitting around. It is Part # 835257K 6. Can I use this hub kit to mount the Tempest plus on my 2-stroke 150 Vmax? Thanks

You need the hub kit # 835271Q2. It has a thicker thrust washer and different aft parts.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Thanks as always

4. Member
    What size are you using? I have a 23 and 24 trying to decide which one runs better, seem to get better response and rpms from 23

5. Member
    I have a 23 Yamaha M series and a 24 Tempest. I haven’t tried it yet because I have some other
    issue that isn’t allowing me to get consistent full RPM no matter which prop I have on. My motor
    seems to top out around 5000-5100 regardless of what prop I run. My carb plates are opening all
    the way but I’m still not hitting max RPM. I’ll have to figure it out this spring

Quote Originally Posted by Cphil View Post
    I have a 23 Yamaha M series and a 24 Tempest. I haven’t tried it yet because I have some other
    issue that isn’t allowing me to get consistent full RPM no matter which prop I have on. My motor
    seems to top out around 5000-5100 regardless of what prop I run. My carb plates are opening all
    the way but I’m still not hitting max RPM. I’ll have to figure it out this spring
    What boat and how low is your motor? i am running a 23 tempest and its at 5450 ish. The tempest likes to run higher. i tried a 24 pitch on my small boat and could not get the prop over 5.1 k rpms...same motor.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    What boat and how low is your motor? i am running a 23 tempest and its at 5450 ish. The tempest likes to run higher. i tried a 24 pitch on my small boat and could not get the prop over 5.1 k rpms...same motor.
    It’s an Xpress. Almost 19’. I have moved the motor up and down and tried different pitch props and get the same
    RPM regardless of what prop is on it...so far. I’m going to try this 24 Tempest at about 3 1/2” prop to pad here in a couple weeks. It has been surging like it has a vacuum or fuel leak or venting problem so I’m more focused on getting that fixed and I’ll bet I will get higher R’s in the process

Check your plugs first for surging issues. A little carbon on them will cause them to miss at higher RPM's. I had a wierd issue a few years back. The engine would miss when i was going strait, but when i turned around to go back to ramp it would stop missing. I dont know how or what would cause this. When i pulled my plugs 2 were carboned up. I replaced the plugs and adjusted the oil pump and never a problem since.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!