Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Hard to beat a DeSantis mini scabbard, OWB, comes in either black or brown leather, very comfortable to wear, with a sweatshirt or jacket nobody will ever know your armed.

2. Member
    I use a Tagua. They are not a cookie cutter, they will make the holster when you order, and they do make different styles per firearm. So go to a gun range and be sure what you are buying from the catalog. Mine holds a 45 high on the belt and its about 2 years old and the same as when I bought it. I wear it daily.
    Another choice (name?) makes custom western holsters in Fl. Only thing is he will need your firearm to make the holster for. Believe he is on Utube.
    Just dont buy a cheap flimsy one.
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 01-16-2020 at 11:20 AM.

I use a JM4 tactical holster, I LOVE it and can wear it with anything. It uses a magnet to hold it to your pants (no belt needed), and the retention is great with a loaded mag.

4. Member
    I only use leather holsters, both IWB and OWB models, check out Wright leather works website, excellent quality.

5. Member
    Big fan of Vedder holsters

Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    One thing I have noticed, is that drawing from a leather holster is just a tad bit slower than drawing from kydex. I started running through draw and dry fire drills after the recent church shooting and it really opened my eyes to how different it is drawing from a leather holster and a kydex holster. It gets easier after practice but is still nowhere near as smooth
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE wear a holster that you are familiar with and can allow you to deploy your weapon quickly and without a lot of exaggerated movement. That's what got the first person shot at the church shooting. Watch the video and see how he searches for his sidearm. You don't have to be Wyatt Earp, but you DO need to be quick enough to not get shot in the process.

7. Member
    Was he trying to find it or did it get hung up in his clothing?

8. Member
    I carry a Sig 938 in a Wright Leather Works “Predator” in a OWB holster. Carry it above my right rear pocket and don’t even know it’s there.

4 years old and it is just as tight as when new, and looks just like it did when purchased. They are about 1 1/2 hours from me so I went to their shop and ordered it. Their work is TOP SHELF.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Was he trying to find it or did it get hung up in his clothing?
    Hard to discern from the video exactly what happened. Way too much fumbling around though. JUST TO BE CLEAR: I'm not criticizing the gentleman in any way whatsoever! He died trying to protect others. But I just wonder exactly how much he had practiced getting the gun out of the holster while wearing a coat. If you are planning to put yourself in harm's way at some point you need to be as prepared as possible. This isn't a game. You lose ... you die.

I’ve used Desantis holsters for 20+ years. They have several OWB leather holsters for the 43.
    https://www.desantisholster.com/sear...ection=product
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Member
    I've been using the Galco Combat Master for many years now for various handguns. Good, quality holster. For slightly less money Don Hume also makes good leather.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerphil View Post
    Big fan of Vedder holsters

First Sale of the new year @Vedder

https://www.vedderholsters.com/?utm_...v6QLzzUw6Vf094

13. Member
    I carry my g43 in one of these
    https://wethepeopleholsters.com/coll...kydex-holsters

Made in the USA and a lifetime warranty
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

Vedder kills me with their "sales" - seems there's no point in time where they don't have a 10% discount code up on their site. Nice holsters though - I have a LightTuck for my LCP2 and Poly80 g19 clone. I don't like AIWB, but I do usually carry IWB at about 3-4 o'clock.

As another mentioned: whatever you carry, practice with the holster and wearing the clothes you wear the most. When I say practice I am saying you should draw so much that it is second nature. Leather holsters usually need a break in period that kydex usually does not. I siliconed all of my leather holsters which helped tremendously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12