Thread: Mosquito lake

Mosquito lake

What kind of fishery is mosquito lake. Never be and maybe fish it this year. Any help would be appreciated.

What time of year you thinking? Spring around may depending on the weather offers good flipping bite and in the summer weeds usually can catch ya some fish it is a great lake especially in the spring if you hit it just right. The lake is on the smaller side running north and south and is mostly shallow water unless your down by the dam. Its basically a shallow water fishery with slow sloping banks you can be in 8 ft of water and not be close to the bank.
    Last edited by RANGER487; 01-15-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Same here - have never fished it but I should... I've avoided tournament trails that fish it simply because I don't know it - kinda stupid I guess LOL

My problem is it takes me just as long to get to Mosquito as it take me to get to Mazuricks.... :-)
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smp005 View Post
    Same here - have never fished it but I should... I've avoided tournament trails that fish it simply because I don't know it - kinda stupid I guess LOL

My problem is it takes me just as long to get to Mosquito as it take me to get to Mazuricks.... :-)
    Same reason I don't go to Mosquito. Rather go to Erie.

5. Member
    Yeah was thinking of joining a federation club. And it seems the federation likes its. It's a 4 hour drive for me.

6. Member
    Primarily the most weight to win and total weighed in when BFL goes there. Tons of vegetation and you can def find fish "offshore" but like said before the depth is lacking but it seems like guys live on the roadbeds, causeway or the pads. I drove 5 hrs diagnoal across the state to fish it and would again compared to most other Ohio big bass factories we have to choose from.

Planning on hitting that lake myself this year. I was told to stay clear in April that it's tough until May rolls around.

It is a popular tournament lake for sure.. Whatever you do don't go there the weekend of Mosquito Madness unless you're fishing the tournament LOL!

X-Series is there twice in 2020 plus the 2 day Championship... Bad Bass, Lakes, NOAA and more...

I would say mastering Mosquito could be important for tournament success :-)

I'm gonna spend some time on it this year but I'm going during the week!!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by basscat22 View Post
    Yeah was thinking of joining a federation club. And it seems the federation likes its. It's a 4 hour drive for me.
    I've thought about joining a Federation club but haven't found any around me that appear to be very active.. I was a member of Anvil Jaw in Little Rock 25 years ago when I was stationed there and they were a great group of sticks!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles