Thread: 95 Javelin 409t

95 Javelin 409t

I purchased boat above,. after fishing in boat for abut 2 months I was washing boat one day and the drying towel hangs up on something under the motor cables while drying. look and there is a crack over the top of one of the top transom bolts... . Now after fine tune inspection it looks like one edge of the jackplate is digging into the transom some too. I am thinking about sea cast for replacement but now concerned about the braces on the inside of the transom area, what and how do I check all that stuff
    Last edited by 273 DC; 01-16-2020 at 04:20 AM.

2. Member
    I did a javelin 396xd. Wood in battery bilge box was soft and one thing led to another and a total rebuild was under way. It all depends on how wet/damaged the braces are. It is time consuming but I found longterm keeping it was easier to remove the top cap. I can send picture or repin the rebuild up top.

To check, drill a hole just through the fiberglass.

5. Member
    I seen your post when I searched a few days ago but the pics dont load.. all I see is a box with a "x" in it... I have pics of mine but for the life of me I cant figure how to post them...
    Last edited by 273 DC; 01-16-2020 at 01:42 PM.

The way I do it...... Go to "quick reply", click on "insert image" (2nd in from right on toolbar), click on "choose file", pick picture you want and double click on it and then click on "upload file"

7. Member
    20200117_163833.jpg

20200117_163808.jpg

20200117_163818.jpg20200117_164200.jpg
    20200117_164210.jpg

Sorry if these pics are not posted right, first time I finally got them to load on here. Thanks paulrodbender !!

Boat is real dirty but maybe you can see the stuff I am talking about. The small crack is right over the top bolt on passenger side of the boat. Looks like the plate in the splash well is pulled in more on that side too. I hoping it was just over tightened but with the lower corner of the jackplate digging in some I thinking the transom has been wet...
    Last edited by 273 DC; 01-17-2020 at 05:01 PM.

.... For a minute I thought those were my boat pictures, looks like mine on my phone anyways. I would drill a couple of small holes through the glass on the inside and see if you get some water to leak out. Top of my transom had a bow to it and that’s what made me suspect I had an issue. I then removed my charger which is screwed into the inside of the transom and water started coming out of the screw holes. I then removed the aluminum angle piece across the rear and the glass was cracked right at the port side upper engine bolt.

9. Member
    20200117_163751.jpg

This is over the top on the passenger side... the rigging hoses and cords going to the motor lay right too.. I checked the transom before I purchased the boat and I didnt see any flex, but while washing it a week later I was drying it with a towel and the towel grabbed on the crack under there so I picked up the rigging bundle and seen it. I was like FRIGG!!!!! But maybe it's not real bad and I can get by with just seacasting the transom..
    Matter of fact the silver spot on the metal there is where the big rigging tube lays on the transom... it cover it perfectly...