External antenna for mega 360

Will the Mega 360 come with an external antenna or is this a separate purchase?

No it does not.

If you want to mark and view waypoints on the 360 view, you need the AS GPS HS or iPilot LINK.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Morning Wayne,
    I have a question that you may be able to answer, as I do not have these units yet, so I can't play around with them in the configuration or set up menus.
    I will have a Solix 12 Mega DI+ on the bow and a Solix 12 Mega SI+ on the dash (both G2), networked.
    Mega 360 and TM DI transducers on the bow. Mega SI+ transducer on transom, and 2D through hull connected to the dash.
    I am considering where to mount the AS GPS HS for best/most performance in my particular system.
    Unfortunately, I do not have the iPilot Link.

1) Can the GPS location be taken from the internal circuit in the bow Solix, and heading data be taken from the Ethernet network?

I think it can, but wanted to attempt to confirm this before putting holes in the boat.

The thought process behind my question is that if possible, I would mount the AS GPS HS on the stern near the SI transducer and use it for position for the dash unit for more accuracy there. I would then use the internal GPS on the bow unit and the networked heading data for the 360.

If not possible, then on the bow she goes....

Since you have SOLIX units, you can share Heading separate from GPS. Soooo the AS GPS HS at the transom with Heading-only shared to the bow would be the best installation.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thank you Wayne.