Anyone ever used K9 Flourocarbon?

Ran across this line and wondered if anyone has any experience with it?

2. Member
    Use it for cranging - stretches the same as mono.

Bought some for cranking line, absolutely hated it. Agree with blackwater, their "original" stuff stretches like mono (I would say like a Slinky) which is super obnoxious to me, plus it's not as forgiving as mono (if you backlash it badly, it will snap on a cast just like fluoro). I use what I have left as backing. If you like line with stretch and feel that there are other benefits to fluoro that make it worth using instead of mono, it should work well for you. Where I fish the most and the way I fish cranks, if my line stretches like mono I just can't fish a crankbait as I need to be able to rip it through weeds.

In full disclosure, there are many "100% fluorocarbon" lines out there that I have exactly the same problem with. This stuff is way more well behaved than most fluoro which I think is what the big draw is. It's also pretty thin for it's lb test ratings, much more in line with Sunline and Seaguar diameters and not so much with Berkley. I just think it's really more of a copolymer, and when you look at it that way, it's not all that unique. To give you an idea of what I like in fluoro to maybe help you decide if the K9 is something you want to try: Sniper is my jam for cranking. It has the perfect amount of (lack of) stretch for me to be able to rip it through weeds without losing fish like I would throwing braid.

I do think they have 100% fluoro now which they say has less stretch, I have no experience with that.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

4. Member
    Thanks for the comments. I was just wondering. I’ll probably just stick with the Big Game.

5. Member
    I have used K-9 exclusively for the last 2-3 years. I had had nothing but great experiences with it. I have talked a lot with Kelly Albert, the owner. He's a vet and a great guy.

There definitely is some stretch to the original line. Kelly himself has told me it's probably not personally what he would use for fishing 30 ft deep on ledges with a jig. That's why he has been perfecting and recently released a 100% fluorocarbon version of K-9. I am still breaking in the new line. But, I like the original a lot and have used for everything from deep cranking to fishing a tube way down in 25-30 ft of water. Personally, I think it is more about the rod you pair with it than anything. One of my go-to baits is a stupid tube, which is notoriously tricky when it comes to hooking and keeping fish buttoned up. I feel like I have actually had a better hook up ratio with K-9 than I have with most other lines.

And, of course, it is super affordable which is a major consideration for me as a budget conscious fisherman. Bottom line, just give it a whirl and see what you think. It may not be what you like. But then again, it may, and you can save a lot long-term on cost.

6. Member
    I may give it a shot then. Do you like it better than normal mono? Any advantages over mono?

7. Member
    I honestly haven't used mono in so long, it would be hard for me to say. Jumped on the flouro bandwagon pretty early and haven't used much mono for the last 6 or 7 years. I think a big part of it is my knot as well. I tie the double uni with the K9. I have only had 1 fish break off in the last several years since I've switched. So, it's worked really well for me.

8. Member
    I am a full time guide and can buy any line I wish. K9 is exceptional line. But, they make 2 type. The 100% Pro (200 he spool only) is 100 top grade floro and I use it on all bottom baits. Worms and jigs. All moving baits get the regular K9 floro that has 7% nylon that makes it more manageable and shock resistant. Great value line that is on 40 outfits in my boat. Line breaks cost me customers and K9 is professional grade line. The 100% has replaced Sunline and Invizx for me.

9. Member
    What about the Hi-Vis? How does it stand up to rocks & does it develop memory bad? Thanks