Thread: 819

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tell me about the 819, likes, dislikes, performance. Trailer quality ect.

2. Scraps
    Rides nice, fishes bigger than a 19ftr. Do a little research, the trailer is a weak point in the product. I've had brake issues and wiring issues already and I've read worse. No doubt a better price point than a BCB, but then again I don't think Phoenix is quite at the BCB level. Saying that acknowledging that BCB is up there with Ranger on quality.
    The major thing I'm not in love with is the layout which is something most guys love. I'm not into the huge center compartment up front. I kind of liked my old Ranger's deck shape. The Phoenix deck extends all the way back to the console and straight across. I liked the center step up front of my Ranger. It gave you a spot to sit down and retie. IN the Phoenix that means you're sitting on that center compartment. I wish the driver side lockers were broken up into tow lockers one being a day box for tackle. This may be picky, it's a pretty slick 19ft rig.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Fishes and rides good for a 19’er. Plenty of room for two people. I love the boat and dont regret getting a Phoenix one bit.

my biggest complaint is that the front deck is so short. If you were to put the reel against the rod tiedown the tip of a 7’ rod would almost be in the coanglers lap when running. I ordered mine with a second set of straps which moves the rods more forward but it still sucks.

I also kind of wish I would have just sucked it up and went with a 919. I don't drive super fast but it would be nice to have the extra horses if i needed it.

I havent had major trailer issues but have had lights and the backup lock out mess up here lately a few times. Thought it was my old truck but got a new to me truck and it still has done it. I wiggle the plug and they start working again.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    What are the differences between 819 and 919?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    What are the differences between 819 and 919?
    The 919 is rated for a 225 and also has better standard electronics. Same exact hull, size, and layout.

6. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    The 919 is rated for a 225 and also has better standard electronics. Same exact hull, size, and layout.
    Also had more standard features than the 819 such as upgraded wiring and dual bilge pumps. There are more than I can remember.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

7. Member
    Ton of boat for the price
    Rides and feels like a 20 ft boat (Many co-anglers ask "How long is this boat, 20 feet?)
    Great speed for a 19' / 200 HP (71 MPH GPS solo, 69-70 w/ passenger)
    Clean front deck layout (I actually like the straight across layout)
    Wide front deck

Dislikes:

Wish the front deck was a touch longer
    Rust appearing at swing away trailer tongue when boat is only 1 year old (I actually have to use mine)
    Wish the center storage compartment had deeper sides that would accomidate 3700 boxes, not just a "shelf."

That's it for me. Overall it fits my needs well, I'd buy the same thing again

8. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    Fishes and rides good for a 19’er. Plenty of room for two people. I love the boat and dont regret getting a Phoenix one bit.

my biggest complaint is that the front deck is so short. If you were to put the reel against the rod tiedown the tip of a 7’ rod would almost be in the coanglers lap when running. I ordered mine with a second set of straps which moves the rods more forward but it still sucks.

I also kind of wish I would have just sucked it up and went with a 919. I don't drive super fast but it would be nice to have the extra horses if i needed it.

I havent had major trailer issues but have had lights and the backup lock out mess up here lately a few times. Thought it was my old truck but got a new to me truck and it still has done it. I wiggle the plug and they start working again.
    I'm adding the second bungee up front to hold the reels all the way forward. Also, another clever idea I saw was taking the second console apart. You can remove the side piece from the console and install it back on the side. It leaves the part of the console that extends the deck, the piece with the neoprene pad on it. That supports the rod tips.
    2017 Phoenix 819

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I'm adding the second bungee up front to hold the reels all the way forward. Also, another clever idea I saw was taking the second console apart. You can remove the side piece from the console and install it back on the side. It leaves the part of the console that extends the deck, the piece with the neoprene pad on it. That supports the rod tips.

I saw that and planned to do it but have been fishing solo last several months so it has been as big of an issue.

10. Member
    Can the second rod strap be ordered. After doing some research in leaning more towards the 919.

11. Member
    Can the second rod strap be ordered. After doing some research in leaning more towards the 919.
    yes its an “option” from the factory. Its not on the option list but if you order it they will add for like $100-$200. Worth every penny. Just for redundancy if nothing else.

some dealers may not know alwhat your asking about since its not, or wasnt in 2018, on the option list.

if you want to add it to a used boat its just as sinple as ordering a Rod Buckle and installing it. Thats all the factory uses.

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    straps.jpg
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Scraps
    I was gonna use a cord and think that might hold the reels a little better. And I can mount the cord a little further forward.
    2017 Phoenix 819

14. Member
    Im going to build a 919 at the dealer tomorrow, how does the 80lb ultrex do with this boat? I had a 112 fortex on my cat .

Thanks for all the help

15. Member
    Im going to build a 919 at the dealer tomorrow, how does the 80lb ultrex do with this boat? I had a 112 fortex on my cat .

Thanks for all the help
    I have the 80 Ultrex and its usable but if i had to do it again i would go 112. Especially with a 919 since you will have the extra hp. i find that i can only maintain in strong current. Several places i fish has strong current and i don't feel like i can fish it effectively at times.

16. Member
    I have the 80 fortrex on my 819 and it does OK but I'd go with 112 if I had it to do over again. I had the dealer swap out a fortrex 80 for the ultrex and I imagine going with 112 would have been a lot more, given new charger and battery and rigging.

Regarding the original question, the only thing I would prefer is the previously mentioned longer front deck. I did some comparisons at the boat show today and some other makes in that size do have more front deck and less back deck. Ride is great. Fit and finish is good. There are complaints on this board about trailer quality but I haven't experienced any issues yet in the one year since I got the boat new.

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    If you plan to run Lowrance consider a Ghost, 24v very powerful and can always add another battery for 36. but if you are getting Birds you may want to stick with the Ultrex
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Member
    I see that some of the 19 phx have rod tubes in the center box, is that a factory option?

19. Member

Thanks for all the help
    If you are questioning the need, I would recommend going to the 36V motor. This Hull is slower to start and slower to stop than my Eyra was. The battery compartment will be cramped if you are wanting to add poles plus 4 batteries. I sold my 819 this summer and I’m back in a Pantera 2 now. Unreal how much more responsive this Hull is to the trolling motor. That said, I had group 31 batteries and never really lacked staying power. The boat just didn’t move as easily as I’d like, but I got used to it.
    2015 Phoenix 819

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I see that some of the 19 phx have rod tubes in the center box, is that a factory option?
    PHX yes not ProXP no
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast