Thread: 819

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by JSU Fishing View Post
    If you are questioning the need, I would recommend going to the 36V motor. This Hull is slower to start and slower to stop than my Eyra was. The battery compartment will be cramped if you are wanting to add poles plus 4 batteries. I sold my 819 this summer and I’m back in a Pantera 2 now. Unreal how much more responsive this Hull is to the trolling motor. That said, I had group 31 batteries and never really lacked staying power. The boat just didn’t move as easily as I’d like, but I got used to it.
    I guess this is one thing I noticed compared to my old Ranger. Not as responsive and I really notice it maneuvering at low speed on the outboard around the dock. The Caracal and Pantera look to sit a little flatter in the water when fishing and probably why it feels more responsive.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

2. Member
    36V over 24V all day. Peace of mind, long days in the wind, fly across coves to fish opposite side, etc..

3. Member
    Thank you guys for all your input, after starting my search at the 819 then moving on to 919 I wasn't really happy with my choice so my new 19phx will be here in approx 8 weeks.
    Garmin electronics, Garmin TM, Seadek, extra rod buckles, C Channel trailer, shocks. I really hope i don't regret leaving BCB.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    Thank you guys for all your input, after starting my search at the 819 then moving on to 919 I wasn't really happy with my choice so my new 19phx will be here in approx 8 weeks.
    Garmin electronics, Garmin TM, Seadek, extra rod buckles, C Channel trailer, shocks. I really hope i don't regret leaving BCB.
    I dont think you will. Ive ridden in a BCB and while it was a very fast and very smooth boat I believe Phoenix's are equal to or above BCB.

Is the seadek just in the cockpit area? What was the upgrade price on that?
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    I dont think you will. Ive ridden in a BCB and while it was a very fast and very smooth boat I believe Phoenix's are equal to or above BCB.

Is the seadek just in the cockpit area? What was the upgrade price on that?
    Seadek is just the cockpit it was either 425 or 475 I do not remember which.

6. Member
    Welcome to the Pham. I hope you enjoy your Bird. I enjoy my 819 every time I put it in the water. I have zero complaints and if I ever had one, I rest assured the best Customer Service in the business is there to take care of me. I have not heard of anyone having a problem with Phoenix Customer Service. Boat built by fishermen for fishermen.
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS

7. Scraps
    Haha, that's great. If you're gonna go big, go large instead!
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    They have taken that option away. Mine did not come with center tubes. 2019 19 PHX.
    I see that some of the 19 phx have rod tubes in the center box, is that a factory option?

I have the 80# Ultrex on my 2019 919Pro it has handled everything i have thrown at it I don't fish a lot of heavy current but I do fish in heavy winds all the time. I have fished two 8 hour tournaments back to back days without charging them still had battery at the end of the day. for me I wanted to shave all the weight I could. I have not had any major issues with my trailer boat fits and loads perfect. I have no regrets on the 919 crazy fast and fishes like a big boat.
    2019 919 ProXP
    225 Mercury ProXS

10. Member
    I ordered the Garmin 36 volt trolling motor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12