USA Rattling crankbaits?

Hi all
    Looking for suggestions for rattling crank baits..something that has a similar rattle to a rat-l-trap? Have a couple old OG wiggle warts and Mag warts that im trying to replace with something similar to the rattle type crank it is..Have a pretty extensive crank bait collection maybe 60-100. Love the 6th sense but just doesnt have that rattle..it has more like a one knocker type rattle. Thanks for any help in advance
    Basscat P4

2. Member
    See if you can find some of the old diving rattletraps. They had a lip on them.

3. Member
    Check out the new crankbait from bill lewis (cant think of the name of bait) . Think they say has same sound as rattletrap
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

4. Member
    Sugar shad.

5. Scraps
    Maybe the Spro rock crawlers? I think they have Wart-like action at least.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Dogfish_Jones
    The Strike King, Red eye shad are pretty good. Luckycraft makes some good lipless rattling cranks also.

Thanks for all the info guys.

A bit of clarity..Im looking for suggestions on regular diving crank baits 10ft or so range with the same type rattle as the rat'l'traps..not looking for lipless baits

Thanks
    Basscat P4

What depth are you targeting? As for crankbaits with a similar rattling system to the Traps I would go with the Echo 1.75 for anything down to the 3-5’ range. It’s just about the only squarebill I throw any more. Between the rattles and the action when you kill it (it wobbles slightly while floating back to the surface) it’s my go-to crank in shallow water around grass, pads, or laydowns. The new BL crankbaits (MR-6 and SB-57) are one knockers.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    What depth are you targeting? As for crankbaits with a similar rattling system to the Traps I would go with the Echo 1.75 for anything down to the 3-5’ range. It’s just about the only squarebill I throw any more. Between the rattles and the action when you kill it (it wobbles slightly while floating back to the surface) it’s my go-to crank in shallow water around grass, pads, or laydowns. The new BL crankbaits (MR-6 and SB-57) are one knockers.
    Thanks for the info!! 10'-15' range would be helpful
    Basscat P4

Lucky Craft Moonsault CB-250 or CB-350.
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Luck...e-LCCB350.html

Not sure if they still make the CB-350.

Thanks guys..I guess there isnt too many crankbaits available out there with that "bb" style rattle?
    Basscat P4

Look for the Bomber Fat Free crankbaits. They have the "bb" style rattles. Caught many a bass with them. My favorite color is citrus shad.

13. Member
    have not thrown them in years but if i remember right the manns loudmouth
    and the big bomber fat a.

Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    Lucky Craft Moonsault CB-250 or CB-350.
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Luck...e-LCCB350.html

Not sure if they still make the CB-350.
    If you have ever needed a bait that has the sound of a lipless crankbait and the action and depth control of a traditional lip crankbait, then try a CB Moonsault. The CB Moonsault's have two different rattle types within the body that produce a rattling sound similar to a lipless crankbait. The 350 dives down to 12 feet and the 200 dives to 6 feet the combination of sound and diving action calls fish from great distances. The design of the bill produces a tight wobble that makes this bait less likely to snag on structure.

Thanks all.
    Basscat P4

16. Member
    The cheap cotton cordell CC shads rattle like crazy.
    They seem to have smaller BB's and make a slightly higher pitch rattle.