Which Garmin Force Shaft Length ?

What shaft lenght do i need for a 21X series bass boat? Can the shaft be shortened?

2. Member
    I talked to a board sponsor today about the same situation today, i think im going with the 57 inch.

3. Member
    Thats what i bought ....I havent mounted it yet,i just set it on the boat and it looks like its going to be to long but not sure..... Guess ill mount it and go from there

4. Member
    So did either of you get the 57" mounted? Let us know how it works out

I've used both the 50" and 57" on a 21' Phoenix bass boat. When fishing shallow water all day with the need to raise the motor up to prevent digging the bottom, the 57" was a little cumbersome with the height. I have a 50" on the boat now, and seems to me this will be the better overall fit for most bass boat applications.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I've used both the 50" and 57" on a 21' Phoenix bass boat. When fishing shallow water all day with the need to raise the motor up to prevent digging the bottom, the 57" was a little cumbersome with the height. I have a 50" on the boat now, and seems to me this will be the better overall fit for most bass boat applications.
    Thanks Todd, appreciate the info. That 57" seems really long but my Minn Kota 45" I wish to replace frequently comes out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by mac18 View Post
    Thanks Todd, appreciate the info. That 57" seems really long but my Minn Kota 45" I wish to replace frequently comes out of the water.
    No doubt, when fishing offshore in the wind/waves, the prop will come out of the water more frequently with the shorter shaft. It is a trade-off relative to shallow water use.
    Garmin Pro Team