NEMA 2000 mini weather station

I see that my Garmin EchoMap+ 95sv can receive weather station data using NEMA 2000, or at least that is how I understand it. Anyone know of a neat little weather station for a small boat (bass boat, 'hull' boat, or even kayak) that provides a nema 2000 interface and is compatible with chart plotters that have nema 2000 like the EM+93/95sv? Would like to have one.

2. Member
    You need to ask this on the Garmin forum.

3. Member
    Well I can, but NEMA 2000 is not proprietary to Garmin is it? I thought it was an 'open standard' that many vendors use. No?

4. Member
    Not sure if this is exactly what your after, but it might point you in the right direction https://www.outbackmarine.com.au/mar...-wind-and-weat

http://www.airmar.com/rec-marine.html

5. Member
    Thanks Smokey, that is exactly what I would be looking for, minus the price, but that is it. Actually for kayak use it is better than what I had imagined, since its an all-in-one unit, only weighs, only 7.2cm wide, and uses 1.1W of power. They include some other data too, perfect for the chartplotter; just overkill for me. Thanks a bunch again Smokey, I will have to do some more research.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    NMEA is standard....Garmin, HB & Lowrance have NMEA on their units.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS