Thread: Gas Tank

Gas Tank

Has anyone ever pulled the gas tank on a 206? My boat specifically is a 2006 model. I'm looking to slowly but surely start updating everything and am wanting to get a new gas tank if possible. Tired of the gas smell being so bad last couple years. If so how complicated and time consuming was this task?

I've heard of folks doing it, but haven't done it myself. The tank runs under the seat bench, and I don't know how it's "attached" or "captured". I guess it's possible that the top cap could have to come off, but I'd hope not. Good luck and let us know how it goes...

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    If it's like the 210, you just need to remove the cover, which also holds the seat bottoms and backs. There are also clips that hold the tank.

In these pix, the carpeted piece on the left also comes out exposing the tank almost in its entirety. It also holds the seat bottoms and is the kick panel below the seats, so you can see that it opens up the area all the way to the floor.

Tank1.jpg

Tank2.jpg

4. Member
    That is how mine looks I think. I know that panel comes off with the seats because I took it off one time trying to see if I could find the gas tank level sensor since it doesnt work. I wasn't sure if the tank came out that way or had to pull back deck off boat somehow. Hopefully not separating top cap fully.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    You get the seat support / tank cover off in its entirety, I'm pretty sure the tank will come out. I think the only fix for what you're chasing is to have an aluminum tank built.

6. Member
    That is my thought process.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Have a few built ... you can sell them in no time!

8. Member
    2006 198 the whole seat module can be removed as one unit.......not sure about the 206.

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

9. Member
    I have similar odors in my 210. My solution is to leave the cabinets open. The boat stays in the garage so it's doable
    GETFISHED !!!

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I have similar odors in my 210. My solution is to leave the cabinets open. The boat stays in the garage so it's doable
    Same here