Thread: ATGATT

ATGATT

Back in Feb 2012, why one should wear good gear . Never know when a 70mph high side might occur.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    That looked like a bad one for sure. You are correct in spending money for good safety gear, helmet, boots, jacket, gloves.

3. Member
    August 23rd, 2018. Only going about 20 - 25 and had to lay it over to prevent being hit by the van that pulled out from a parking lot. While it was not quite as severe as a high side at 70, wearing full gear saved me from some major road rash. Walked away with a torn MCL, partially torn ACL in my right knee, and some manageable rash on my right elbow. Had to get new boots and gloves plus jacket as they were all pretty torn up. I just want to yell at the idiots riding in shorts, t-shirts, sneakers, etc... going down the road, just stupid, especially in a big city like Atlanta where there are TONS of retards driving.

AGAT! All Gear All Times!!!!

4. Member
    Wow Ralph, I hope you were not to seriously injured. Looks like you drew a bad hand with that spill

Man, that looks like it hurt... Had a GPZ 550 and was coming around a right hand sweeping corner. There was a dip in the middle of the corner and when the rear tire came through it, the tire broke loose. Rear end swung out and flat tracked the bike around the corner. Closest I came to a high side but never went down.
    Glad you came through it ok.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Wow Ralph, I hope you were not to seriously injured. Looks like you drew a bad hand with that spill
    One of the things that made it tough was I was almost 61 years old. I do not remember hitting the asphalt and came to just as ambulance pulled up. Ambulance was over 30 miles away so I was out a while. Tour Master boots and left foot badly bruised, left groin inside left thigh totally bruised from doing the splits leaving the bike. My left elbow pad must have slid as there was a half dollar size hole in my left elbow to the bone. ER doc said I had no broken ribs, however I actually broke seven ribs in the back right side. Three were displaced, meaning broken and not touching. They grew back with the edges on top of the bottoms. Complete tear of the infraspinatis tendon right shoulder but did not find out for three years and IMO surgery would not be successful, so I have a torn rotator cuff that really doesn't bother me NOW!!!

Built the bike back mainly using one arm, but my long distance touring( Pocatello, ID to Little Rock, AR in 2 days) passion had died. Also figured I was too old to crash again, so I hung it up. I do not miss not riding. Weird as it was my passion.

Pic of the bike I built back.
    Attached Images Attached Images