Thread: 2020 Triton TRX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Where I live is approximately 1200 feet above sea level

As far as the load goes it is with my standard gear. I carry around 10 fishing poles, 8 Plano boxes with various tackle, and then your standard equipment such as lifejackets, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, extra coats/rain-gear and a tool bag that probably weighs 20 pounds. Probably pretty similar to what most people would have in their boat. I normally try to keep my gas tank pretty full, to avoid any condensation. I am normally alone in my boat, live wells empty.

I have not achieved top end because I’m still learning to drive it, but I think I’m pretty close. Each time I get out, I learn to drive it a little more and I achieve little higher performance, I think I’m nearly there.

right now, the fastest I have had my boat going is just shy of 70 miles an hour, 69.7 GPS to be exact. If I were to guess, I would say there’s 3 or 4 more miles an hour, but that’s just a guess. Boat is probably capable of mid 70s would be my guess.

With my prop 2.25 inches from pad, my water pressure according to my gauge, maintains ~25psi, RPMs according to my gauge in my console is around 5750. I need to get the app so I can verify rpm’s. I’m running that tempest plus 23 pitch with all plugs removed. when I come out of the hole, I have to feather the hot foot a moment but I think if I lowered the prop a 1/4 inch I would solve that problem. When I raised it to 2.25 inches from 2.5 inches, I did not really notice any improvement in handling or speed. My boat does not start to Chine walk until around 65-66 mph, and I control it pretty well up to about ~68 mph, but I’m gaining on it every day I take the boat out. Problem is I have not had much chance to have the boat out lately because work or weather keeps getting in the way. At this point, I have not worried much about trying to drive it faster than I’m going, because very rarely do I drive it past 60 miles an hour anyway, and it handles well up to 65 which is actually more than I ever really need. I do think the 23 pitch is the most I would recommend, the 22P is probably the sweet spot to achieve maximum rpm’s. I had a fury 24 pitch to try, it moved the boat plenty fast and came out of the hole very well, but I could not achieve RPMs and the boat I think handled similar, but probably not quite as well as the tempest. So in my opinion, depending on your fishing techniques, I think the tempest plus 22p or 23p would be my choice. Once I get the app so I can verify RPMs, I’ll know that answer for sure. But I know daveTNN has done a lot of research, and he has zero’d in on the 22p.

hope that is helpful, if I missed anything you’re wondering about just let me know. I will add, I absolutely love this boat, zero regrets.
    Last edited by itsahog; 01-16-2020 at 09:42 AM.

2. Member
    Mark, I really appreciate your response and your input will help me with my setup to achieve my goals. I will keep you posted as I complete the breakin period and start using some full throttle runs.

Thanks,

Gary

3. Member
    The 22 was the best for me but I had to have some cup added to the blade tips to help it bite on hole shot. I sent it to Todd at Hydromotive and it jumps up and runs right out of the hole now with no overspin. I do have solid plugs in all the PVS holes.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12