Thread: 175gt

175gt

I have a 1990 175gt. I have one coil that wasn’t firing. I have the coil to put on but I was wondering how much it would improve the motors performance. I have it on a 1990 ranger 481 and I’m running 55 at 5400 rpms. I know the motor says 5800 is where the limiter is set. Just wondering. Can’t take it out right now I’m having the seats redone.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If you like running on 5 cylinders then leave it off.

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Then you're just dumping raw fuel out of the exhaust of the dead cylinder......

4. Member
    So I replaced to coil. Still nothing. I’m not getting fire from power pack wire to coil. What’s the chances of it being the stator instead of power pack.

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger481v15 View Post
    So I replaced to coil. Still nothing. I’m not getting fire from power pack wire to coil. What’s the chances of it being the stator instead of power pack.
    Verified good spark plug? Verified good plug wire yet? Did a compression check yet? An OMC repair manual is your friend.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

6. Member
    I have verified good spark, plug wire and compression. I have been told it’s either the power pack or the trigger. What do y’all think?

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    We refer to trigger as the timer base. Think of the timer base like an old time distributor cap. one pickup for each cylinder.