Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I won’t ever buy another boat with a Marine Master trailer under it.

2. Member
    Switches are cheap, already had 3 fail. Carpet is cheap. Gelcoat. And poor installation of power pole hydraulic tubing. All factory installed items.

3. Member
    Jemccall.... what is the problem with the gel coat? I have owned three Phoenix boats and not had a single gel coat issue ... switched go bad in any boat yes an inconvenience but easy fix ... the carpet isn’t cheap it is just thinner and drys out faster then any other carpet ...

4. Member
    The carpet is definitely cheaper than some other boats. Coming from a boat with 24oz carpet to 18oz, you’re gonna notice

The metal fenders are welded on and the stainless ones are bolted on. I switched mine out but it’s a pain to cut the metal ones off.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I won’t ever buy another boat with a Marine Master trailer under it.
    Unfortunately im in the same boat. I love my bird but damn the trailers are a headache
    They aint got hands, set the hook

7. Member
    What has Phoenix said about all these issues? Do they stand behind them?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_185 View Post
    The metal fenders are welded on and the stainless ones are bolted on. I switched mine out but it’s a pain to cut the metal ones off.

Did you cut them off yourself or have a metal shop do it? I had a tire blow and bent my fender. It also broke the diamond plates off, cracked my plastic backing that holds the carpet and split the carpet. Was thinking of just taking both off and replacing with the stainless fenders.
    2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP
    2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    did you add them on or were they original. I would like to replace my existing with the stainless fenders. I think they look much nicer.

10. Member
    Well it looks like the idea was to keep from scratching up the paint when you step on the fender getting in or out of the boat. That part worked but it had unexpected consequences. Maybe the factory didn't allow the paint to dry and harden before riveting the plate on.

11. Member
    My 2015 rusted clean through that same area from water that got under the gatorhyde. I have welded it back together best I could.

12. Member
    Dissembler metal contact can create accelerated corroding. They would do better to use non skid tape or even carpet. The stainless diamond plate is nice but will continue to cause the rusting.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12