brake pad confusion

BCB, I have a trailer label that says built 3/15/2004. Per your parts website, it should take the '99 Kia Sephia brake pads (I assume the front?).

I ordered them from rockauto, the Beck Arnley model, their p/n 0881518M. These do not span the caliper.

Should I use the rear (which I assumed would be smaller)? Or do I really need the Sundance model?

FYI, from what I can read of it, the s/n of the trailer is 458BJ211041008109.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Is it a UFP or Dexter/UFP DB-35 brake system? If so, the ‘99 Kia Sephia pars are supposed to work but you can order the actual UFP pads from places like Pacific Trailer or Eastern Marine and in my experience, these are ever so slightly different and work better.
    Knowing the type Brake System will be first step to determining the correct pads.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Thanks, I dunno Chuck, how do I tell the difference? I can snap pics, send to your email if you can help identify for me.

4. Member
    Almost certainly a DB-35. But you can take one of the pads off and run over to your local parts house and get a set of 99 sephia pads and compare them. Ignore the "squealer" and just look to see if the shapes seem to match up.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

5. Member
    I bought the 99 sephia front pads, don't fit, too "short".

Guess I'll take apart again, take a pad up.

6. Member
    call waymires in indianapolis they will have and make sure the are a organic pad if not they will rust up your rotors

If it looks like the caliper in the photo in the link below, it’s a DB-35. If yours match these, get the UFP pads from this place or someone who sells them. The Kia pads did not work for me.

https://www.pacifictrailers.com/prod...CABEgIw6vD_BwE

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    For the record, our local NAPA auto parts store keeps a lot of UFP stuff in stock. Bearings. The plastic master cylinder fill port cover. Pads. Etc.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

9. Member
    There are 2 different front brake pads. Kia changed the style of pads sometime mid 99. Best to take your pads to the local auto parts and match them. I think it's the newer 99 front pads.