Ranger touchpad circuit breaker

Boat has been unused for weeks. I installed some new electronics this weekend and the fuel selector light is blinking and won't reset. There's no power to the engine or power trim. I've double checked all the new connections I made and the electronics power up. Looking for a direction to chase this down.
    2008 Z520 250 proxs 1B547930

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    What new electronics (specifically) did you install?

Double check at the battery for a wire that is attached to the WRONG terminal. There may be a ground back there that is NOT BLACK (such as a green wire marked fuel tank ground).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Installed 2 lowrance hds carbons. I'll check that and report back. Thanks

4. Member
    There was a cable connected to the wrong post on the battery, but it was a black cable that should have been connected to positive. [ has red shrink tubing on the connector but bundled with ground cables] That took care of the issue. The only off colored wire is yellow with a 15 amp fuse in line, I assume with the fuse it connects to pos , it's not labeled. Would this be the fuel tank ground?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Unlikely- that yellow lead may be part of your charger circuit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks Don, you're help is greatly appreciated