Heavily Considering X19

Been in glass for 30 years. Sold my boat and want to go aluminum from now on. Over on the tin forum, I had posted about going from glass to aluminum. Lots of good comments over there.

I had narrowed my choices down to Vexus 1980, Ranger RT198, and the X19.

Each boat above has a lot I like and some I don’t like. I know no boat will fill every want of mine, but I want to get as close as possible. Here’s what I plan to do with the boat:

I bass fish mostly within 200 miles of home. I fish BFLs and ABA tournaments and occasionally local jack pots. I’m worried about a couple things with the X19. My concerns are:

- Is there enough storage? Compartments look small. Can someone render an opinion on this?
    - On a X19, how much concern is there about compartment condensation?
    - How stable is it when fishing? If my co walks around on the back, is it going rock the boat?
    - Are livewells suitable for a BFL? Is the size adequate leaving the divider in?
    - Tandem trailer fender looks like diamond plate bent to a shape of a fender. Is that too flexible?
    - In windy conditions, how does the boat fish?

Overall, I’d like to hear from a BFL fisherman. Reason being, co’s bring a lot of stuff with them....and if we have 10 fish divided, etc etc....I just like to know opinions on all this. The closest X19 to me is 3.5 hrs away....so if I’m going to look, I’m going within intention to purchase. That said, I’d like to know as much as I can before I drive to see an X19. If there’s a deal breaker, I’d like to know it now.

I was dead set on an X-21. I drove out to the factory last summer and visited with them for several hours, great folks. There were several things that steered me towards ordering a new 21' Gator Trax Strike Series, and dry compartments and trailers are but a few of those reasons. I've test driven the Xpress and I believe they are a fine boat, I have no experience with the Vexus or Ranger tins. It's a tough decision, and one that I certainly didn't take lightly. I know that I won't be as comfortable running the Albemarle or Currituck Sounds in rough water as I was in my Allison BasSport Pro, and other 21' glass boats that Ive owned over the years, but my style of fishing has changed. Best of luck in your decision. I think you've narrowed it down to three nice choices, and I hope you find the one that fits you best.

3. Member
    I fish all kinds of events in your area out of my X19. CBC, BFL, ABA and any number of wildcat events. Never had a single issue with co-angler space with or without my second console (I remove the second console in the summer). Several of the guys here from the NC fishing board have fished as a co from my boat. I can give you their info if you'd like to ask about it. You are also welcome to come fish out of my X19 anytime...I've had several people from the area come look at/fish from it. 704.634.1720 is my cell call/text.

My 2017 didn't come with a live well divider, but it was cheap and easy to make. I fish all summer and have yet to lose a fish from a live well issue.
    Don't have any issue with wind
    I'm a really big guy, the boat fishes very stable.
    Plenty of storage
    I don't jump on my fenders, but occasionally step out on them. They've not bent yet.
    The compartments are not water proof. I had two champions and a legend. The compartments on them though sealed tighter than the Xpress weren't waterproof either. You can make them seal tighter with weather stripping if you like.

They are not fancy glass bass boats. You have to know that going into it. They are however very fast, very tough, aluminum boats with marginal amenities that I am OK with...some would not be.
    Last edited by SteveDyer; 01-13-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

4. Member
    I sent you a pm. I just listed an x19 for sale here. I'm willing to help a bit with delivery as well.

5. Banned
    SteveDyer is correct. He bought one several years ago and loves it. I'm honestly jealous he has one and I don't. I cant believe I just said I was jealous of Steve Dyer. Please don't repeat that comment.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    SteveDyer is correct. He bought one several years ago and loves it. I'm honestly jealous he has one and I don't. I cant believe I just said I was jealous of Steve Dyer. Please don't repeat that comment.
    I mean...really who wouldn't be. Good looks and a Xpress

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC