Lowrance Interface cable question

I have a 2017 SHO and bought the interface cable last year. I finally installed it. I only get the RPM's and Speed. I have alot of dashed boxes. My point 1 is on the NEMA network and it shows up and appears to be working. Not sure if I am just not doing something right on the HDS Live unit. Any ideas?

2. Member
    I had to manually create a screen within the Lowrance data screen to display all the info I was looking for. The stock Lowrance info pages don't show much. I was able to add hours and fuel data. To get water pressure though, I had to get another plug in.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

to get water pressure on my Lowrance from the Yamaha I had to get a digital sending unit and install it on the back of the motor where the water pressure comes from. Here is a thread on thehulltruth that explains it. https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...e-sensors.html
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

4. Member
    Ran into this on my uncle's boat earlier this year, I believe he had to purchase an end cap for it. Once he put that on he was able to read all of his data minus the water pressure, you will have to purchase the sending unit as mentioned above.

5. Member
    To add to what's already been said, to get the trim reading to work, you'll have to disconnect the analog trim gauge. You can have one or the other, but not both.

6. Member
    Well I pulled the cowl off to make sure I had connected to the right cable. Here are the cables:
    cables.jpg

So it appears I have the right one. I then went to the live unit and went to Network, devices, saw the engine listed as one.. I touched it and here is the device information scrren (I named it "Engine":
    device information.jpg

I then touched "Data" and it shows the information I am wanting on the screen, just in a report format:

data screen.jpg

So the data is available, but this is all I get when I go in "pages, instruments":

graphs.jpg

Am I going to the wrong place or do I need to turn something on in the live unit?
    Thanks...
    Last edited by golferdude; 01-14-2020 at 09:04 PM.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've got a HDS Gen3 & not a Live unit, but I had to edit my overlay to get all I wanted showing. Also on mine there were 3 different layouts to work with.

8. Member
    You should be able to hit your power button and select edit data overlay and add the options you want. You can do this for any screen on your graph, like you sonar and GPS. I have mine setup where I can read all of the engine data on my sonar and GPS screens.

9. Member
    Thanks. I will try that. Hopefully it will be that easy...lol
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I've got a HDS Gen3 & not a Live unit, but I had to edit my overlay to get all I wanted showing. Also on mine there were 3 different layouts to work with.
    Was one of them the last photo I showed above?
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO