Help Echomaps Plus 93SV

I received a Echomap Plus 93SV for X-Mas and would really like to say I am loving it but seem to have a problem with the images. When I’m moving the image is crystal clear but when I’m sitting still the image is all smeared. Can anyone assist with troubleshooting this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    The imaging part is designed for when you are moving. The traditional 2d sonar works fine sitting still, but imaging works best when moving at least a couple mph.

3. Member
    I notice the traditional and the clear vu both seam to smear the image as well while sitting. The fish are no longer dots or arches they are smeared lines.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Side scan is designed to be moving that’s how it builds a pic .Put on auto for this to be the easiest way to operate

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenOffRoad View Post
    I notice the traditional and the clear vu both seam to smear the image as well while sitting. The fish are no longer dots or arches they are smeared lines.
    Unless a fish swims in and out of the 2d cone exactly right, it wont show as a full arch.

6. Member
    Thank you all for the help I am a first time user of this type of equipment. Could anyone direct me to anywhere to find the most optimal settings

7. Member
    Beautiful snaps 'OOR', can't wait to use my Echomap Plus 95SV, but I have to wait until the spring for the ponds to thaw.....and I'm not sure how I feel about being in a kayak in ice chilly water.

Yeah you have to be moving to get the clean images. I have my 'screen scroll speed' set to auto; that should work fine in a kayak, but time will tell. This is my very first FF so I have lots to learn. Hopefully I can speed up that learning by hanging out in this forum; so far so good.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenOffRoad View Post
    Thank you all for the help I am a first time user of this type of equipment. Could anyone direct me to anywhere to find the most optimal settings
    They'll change with different types of waters. Best bet is to go with Auto to start with, then when you have the time stop the screen on something interesting start adjusting gain, scroll speed, contrast, palettes until you like what you see.

Its usually best to start fine-tuning the settings for best results after beginning on Auto.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SonarSentinel View Post
    Beautiful snaps 'OOR', can't wait to use my Echomap Plus 95SV, but I have to wait until the spring for the ponds to thaw.....and I'm not sure how I feel about being in a kayak in ice chilly water.

Yeah you have to be moving to get the clean images. I have my 'screen scroll speed' set to auto; that should work fine in a kayak, but time will tell. This is my very first FF so I have lots to learn. Hopefully I can speed up that learning by hanging out in this forum; so far so good.
    What kind of kayak? I had good results with Garmin's transducers on a kayak.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    They'll change with different types of waters. Best bet is to go with Auto to start with, then when you have the time stop the screen on something interesting start adjusting gain, scroll speed, contrast, palettes until you like what you see.

Its usually best to start fine-tuning the settings for best results after beginning on Auto.
    Thank You

11. Member
    I bought a Pelican Catch 130 Hydrive. I really like it, but I did snap off already one of the drive 'flippers' by hitting a rock. It broke way to easy for the speed I was going. But Pelican replaced no charge, no questions asked. So I am more cautious now on how I approach new water. I was looking at some Scotty stuff. Think I will use their transducer mounting kit and mount the transducer down near where I set. And will use another kit they have to mount the EM+ 95sv up by the pedal drive system. I want the transducer further back so that when I am using side scan the sonar beam doesn't hit the flippers. Then it should be matter of taking the time to do a neat wiring job, and mount the battery box in the rear.

Come on spring!

12. Member
    Do they flip up when you extend the pedals like a Hobie does?

I picked up my first pedal drive kayak recently, but only used it once so far. I have to set the transducer up on it too.

Come on spring

13. Member
    if you are sitting still, and the fish dont move they will look like the smear you are describing.

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Get livescope if your sitting still it’s designed for this.