waypoint sharing garmin echomap plus 73cv to garmin echomap plus 93sv

my manual for the 73cv says i cannot wire directly to another garmin unit to share data like waypoints. can anyone confirm i can save the waypoints on the 93sv on an sd card and input them on the 73cv unit? i think i can do that, but would love to hear how hard it is to do, assuming it can be done. i already own the 73 cv, and will buy a 93sv, as long as i can find a way to share waypoints i mark on the 93 unit.
    thank you!!!

2. Member
    I have a echomap plus 73SV and a echomap plus 93SV that I just installed, connected the 2 with a RJ45 ethernet cable. My research says you can share data, waypoints and sonar. I have not been to the lake yet to test it out so I will be interested as well to hear from you that know.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    IF the 73 is a Plus unit then all you need to do is get another Plus unit and connect them with the Garmin marine network cable. They will share automatically....also must have the correct update on the unit.

IF the 73 is NOT a Plus unit then you can not share waypoints/data, you would have to transfer them via sd card.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    that is great news. it is a plus unit, and the manual definitely reads the wires aren't there to connect units. i certainly hope you are correct!

thank you very much.

Tim

5. Member
    thanks! I appreciate the response!

6. Member
    The garmin marine network cable is not the brown/blue wires connected to your power plug.
    It is a network cable (just like ethernet) that is sold separately.