Thread: I jumped ship

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

I jumped ship

And sold my 2020 Triton 21trxs and went to the CX 21 Caymas. Pick it up this week and haven’t been this excited to get a new boat in a long time.

Did you get the 2020 wet?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Banned
    Had 14 hrs on it.

4. Member
    Why the change?

Dooooo telllll
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

6. Banned
    Several factors, contingency money is the best. Secondly I had an good offer to make the switch. I really liked the Caymas after crawling around in it, finished out really nice and rides really good.

7. Member
    Awesome. Hope I can join the jumping ship club later this year.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

8. Member
    Sounds good.

9. Member
    I was going to trade my rig for a new Caymas, wasn’t impressed one bit, enjoy the rattling seats. Same dealer sell Triton and I think the quality may have been just a smidge better. I’ll keep what I have.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oiltech09 View Post
    I was going to trade my rig for a new Caymas, wasn’t impressed one bit, enjoy the rattling seats. Same dealer sell Triton and I think the quality may have been just a smidge better. I’ll keep what I have.
    I’ll take a little rattle for what I’ve had to deal with on seats. Myntriton came in September and the seats are so big you can’t open the center lid storage. Been waiting for Triton over four months to send new ones and finally got them to step up.

11. Member
    Triton dealer just told me he had trouble getting Triton to step up and warranty any cracked transoms or other glass work.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Triton dealer just told me he had trouble getting Triton to step up and warranty any cracked transoms or other glass work.
    My buddy had to send his back to the factory and they foot it back quick, wasn’t exactly the greatest fix I’ve seen but they did make an attempt. I’m on a list of nine boats that need new seats and very little if any communication from them.

13. Member
    I jumped ship too. I really don't think we will regret it. I have not picked up my CX 21 Pro as of yet being the Dealer shutdown Christmas eve and doesn't open until January 2, 2020. At that point they will remove a few electronics from my 2016 Triton to the new boat, Hydro-wave, 4 Lithium batteries and the Dual procharger, XM weather module and puck, and Garmin 1222 with Panoptix and 3-N-1 on the Ultrex Troll motor. As for the ride I have not driven or rode in the Caymas. After owning 6 Tritons of all the different models, one 19 footer, my first and 5 - 20 footers I will trust Earl Bentz with his design and a will continue to use Triton1 as my BBC name. Everything I have on my Triton TRX 20 is on the Caymas CX-21 Pro and then some added features. To me it was a No Brainer.

UpDate: My boat will be ready at the end of this week 1/24/2020.
    CAYMAS1

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton1 View Post
    I jumped ship too. I really don't think we will regret it. I have not picked up my CX 21 Pro as of yet being the Dealer shutdown Christmas eve and doesn't open until January 2, 2020. At that point they will remove a few electronics from my 2016 Triton to the new boat, Hydro-wave, 4 Lithium batteries and the Dual procharger, XM weather module and puck, and Garmin 1222 with Panoptix and 3-N-1 on the Ultrex Troll motor. As for the ride I have not driven or rode in the Caymas. After owning 6 Tritons of all the different models, one 19 footer, my first and 5 - 20 footers I will trust Earl Bentz with his design and a will continue to use Triton1 as my BBC name. Everything I have on my Triton TRX 20 is on the Caymas CX-21 Pro and then some added features. To me it was a No Brainer.

UpDate: My boat will be ready at the end of this week 1/24/2020.
    Congratulations on new boat

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    I’ll take a little rattle for what I’ve had to deal with on seats. Myntriton came in September and the seats are so big you can’t open the center lid storage. Been waiting for Triton over four months to send new ones and finally got them to step up.
    That is terrible, the cost of these rigs and even worst they are made in America

16. Banned
    Had my Power poles and Garmin installed today and the guys doing it said “ this is by far the nicest boat we have had in this shop, the rigging tubes are easy and already have a rope in there so we didn’t have to fish the wires through. The bilge access is the cleanest and most spacious we have worked in. Wish they were all like this.”

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Had my Power poles and Garmin installed today and the guys doing it said “ this is by far the nicest boat we have had in this shop, the rigging tubes are easy and already have a rope in there so we didn’t have to fish the wires through. The bilge access is the cleanest and most spacious we have worked in. Wish they were all like this.”
    Man when you jump ship you go all in. I didnt know you dumped Lowrance too and went with Garmin. I kinda understand why you did though...god knows you had enough trouble out of the Live units. Hopefully the new boat switch and electronics switch will treat you right. Cant wait to hear your feedback on the boat and set up as I am going to be on the hunt for something new this year and Caymas is on the list.

18. Banned
    I stayed with lowrance, two live 12’s at the console and one at the bow on a bbt mount but also have the Garmin LS up there. I did a bunch of fixing it n the live units and got it figured out.

19. Member
    Chance, what are your thoughts on lithium batteries for TM and cranking?

20. Member
    Good batteries from what I've read. Expensive for me tho. Less weight, some want that. 198pds could help some if the have power poles etc. I think they would be fine if you want to spend the money. I use wal mart maxx everstart 29s. I get 5yrs out of them for $under $100. I run sams agm $180 for cranking. I fish Ky Lake alot and have no problems. I don't fish Tournaments tho. No real life experience with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast