Whats up with no TV fishing shows

For all northern Illinois guys: Remember when every Saturday and Sunday morning you could grab a cup of coffee and watch fishing shows, tournamnets, etc. until the football games came on? Where the heck did they all go. I have so many friends in the South that are able to follow the tours on TV and keep up with what is current. For us it seems that once in a blue moon we get an event on TV.

I like to watch the old Bassmaster shows that Lynn Dollar posts on Youtube.....But, if I've got a Saturday or Sunday morning free, I'm hooking up and going to Clinton. Even if I don't fish, I'd rather idle and drop waypoints than watch someone else fish on TV.

3. Member
    With smart TVs, YouTube has really taken over for stuff like this. Tons of channels, professional and otherwise. Tons of content. But I hear you on the shows. Just a good feeling listening to the Linder brothers talk about smallies, or Bill Dance catching back to back to back 10lbers on the swimmin eel in some random backwoods pond. Good times.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by purduephigam View Post
    With smart TVs, YouTube has really taken over for stuff like this. Tons of channels, professional and otherwise. Tons of content. But I hear you on the shows. Just a good feeling listening to the Linder brothers talk about smallies, or Bill Dance catching back to back to back 10lbers on the swimmin eel in some random backwoods pond. Good times.
    This^^^ one can pick and chose what interests ones self.

5. Member
    Sportsman Channel, CBS Sports and Outdoor Channel are showing the new shows now.
    Michael J. Koenig