Ghost Head Auto Positioning for Stowing

When you stow your trolling motor and the head of the motor automatically turns for storage, does it always turn to the same side? Asking because I am mounting a Livescope transducer on the top side of the trolling motor shaft.

2. Member
    It stows same as the foot/motor/arrow is pointing when you pull it up. I just always make sure I’m aiming slightly to port prior to stowing.
    Phoenix 21PHX 250 SHO, Lowrance Carbons & Ghost & Active Target

3. Banned
    Mine has always turned the same direction, I’d say it’s been stowed & deployed at least a 100 times.

4. Member
    It will stow to either side depending on which direction it is presented to more than the other. Mine will stow to either side depending on which way it was facing when I pull it up.

5. Banned
    This is interesting info. I’m going to have to pay attention to the angle that I always stow mine at, I wonder if I’m turning it subconsciously due to having a regular TM for so many years.

6. Member
    Was anything determined on how a stowed Ghost and livescope xducer get along? If the motor stows and the xducer is on the bottom, is there enough clearance between mount and shaft?