Rough water ride?

Hey guys I’m looking for an objective and honest opinion from someone who has been in a Falcon boat. I’m looking at the 205 and the 215. Stopped at a dealer today on the way to Florida and gave them a look. I’m pretty interested. They are definitely on my short list with Ballistic and one other manufacturer.

I fish Lake Michigan and it’s inlets almost exclusively. Lake Michigan’s idea of rough water is vastly different from most bodies of water so that is my top factor when looking at a boat. If anyone would be willing to share their experiences in a Falcon I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Member
    I’ve been on Table Rock and Lake of the Ozarks on windy days and they both get big, not Great Lakes big, but big. Both of mine have been 205’s and handled it great! The ride was very soft and dry. Scum Frog will come along and I think he has some big water feedback too. I’m not sure ballistic is really designed for rough water. More for speed than anything. If rough water ride is most important, I think the falcon will be a much better choice. If speed is more important than the ballistic would be better for you. The 215 has the softer ride of the 2 (215 or 205). I like the 205 best because it’s wider up front and maneuvers a little better. I also like the one center storage compartment in the front deck better. But, that’s just my preference. Either are great big water boats!

3. Member
    I have the 215 and I live on Lake Guntersville. Ive had most major brands and as far as rough water ride I would put it up against any i.e. Ranger, Triton, Stratos, Basscat. Thats just to name a few that Ive had. I can't comment on the 205 but I doubt there's much difference. If I can answer any questions feel free to ask.

4. Member
    Im running a 17 Falcon 205 and fish Erie and LSC predominately. I used to run a champ 200 elite which I thought was an awesome big water boat....the falcon is even better IMO.....I think the biggest waves ive ran in this boat has been solid 4-5's and it handled them very well. Some waves where I know I would have speared in my champ didnt even come close in the 205....it moves waves out to the side nicely at the bow. The only complaint ive had with my falcon has been the rub rail but that was a 2017 issue not now they have it fixed. Riding in 2-3's and those waves you come off of and know your going to smack hard so you clench cheeks....then you come off and nothing happens and its nice and soft....ya thats a falcon lol. They truly are nice boats especially for the dollar. Cant go wrong. Save yourself a ton of cash and just buy rudebee's thats for sale!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    When its rough on Champlain Im very confident of the 205's abilities. Mines a 2018 (90hrs.) and it has done nothing wrong durability wise.

After a few days in fuelleaks boat, I concur and will make Falcon my next ride, for sure.

7. Member
    I answered on the general forums but you will be as happy with a Falcon ride as anything else out there. (Jim makes sexy beast boats though as well! If you talk to him tell him George with the Falcon at the US Open said hello)

8. Member
    Took a look and climbed all over a 205 at a dealer on the way down to Florida. I fished the Open as a co-angler on Kissimee this week and had the opportunity to check out Brian Latimer’s 205. He has the tournament edition and it was pretty sweet. The finishes were much better and some of the extra details. I wish the switch panel was nicer but that might be able to be customized. Overall I liked it a lot. He had great things to say about the ride and how it lands real soft and doesn’t bounce around and slam down hard like. Sounds very similar to my V-20 which I loved. He said they turn real nice and smooth too why ich is one of the things I really liked about my Bass Cat. I just wish they could go 80+ mph and I would be a perfect world.

I really need to drive one soon. Unfortunately I live in one of these stupid states that freezes. I only have a couple weeks to make up my mind and order something so I can get it by May.

9. Member
    I live in northern ohio on erie and fish there and LSC all the time.....I wouldnt be mad if you didnt get a Falcon cause I seem to be one of the only ones in the area hahaha jk lol....more the merrier. I love the boat and people especially in michigan waters come up to me non stop....I even told my fishing partner who loves Phoenix....I will tell him at one of our BFL's to watch when we pull in on how many people stare, point, stop me to ask questions or just tell me "hell ya nice boat man".....and then watch when a Phoenix pulls in....its just another boat....its crazy but I love it! I think you will get enough speed out of yours that you will be content/happy with. I know I am!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.