Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 3 with total scan images

First time using lowrance. I bought a used HDS 12 gen 3 with a total scan for the back of my boat and for some reason the images are somewhat blurry. I noticed that the simulator(YouTube users)show a very clear image of rocks and brush but my images are not as detailed. This can’t be the transducer can it? Anyone have pictures of their total scan side imaging? I want the best side imaging picture there is with a lowrance. given that, is total scan not the way to go? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

**attached is a picture of some rocks to my left.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    That doesnt look bad. Maybe try a different slight angle with the transducer.

3. Member
    Looks like your transducer needs relocation or at least adjustement. The thick midle line points to turbulence hitting the transducer, the lines to to port points ro the sonar-ping beeing reflected by something on your boat, and the general fuzziness could be a result of the above or come from slow speed.

If the best possible SideScan is your goal, look to having separate transducers for 2D and StructureScan. (And the best SideScan possible on Gen 3 will require the StructureScan 3D bundle). But you definitely have room for improvement on the equipment you already have. :)